Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Wanted Nissin front caliper, forks/stanchions

lonehelmet
Squiddy
Squiddy

Wanted Nissin front caliper, forks/stanchions

Post by lonehelmet on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 3:13 pm

Hi, I'm looking for a Nissin front caliper for a 94 CB500, preferably unseized! Or would consider a Brembo master cylinder and caliper pair, as I understand the Brembo caliper is not compatible with the early master cylinder. Also one or more fork stanchions with no pitting in the travel area, or even a good pair of complete fork legs if such exist! I am in Filey N. Yorks area.

Best wishes, Steve
James_chivers
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Re: Wanted Nissin front caliper, forks/stanchions

Post by James_chivers on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

Are your stanchions beyond repair? Mine were a little pitted which caused the seals to eventually fail but i was able to gently rub them down and keep them oiled up now and all is fine, they even look good. It could be expensive to replace the whole fork and may be false economy buying second hand stachions. Wemoto has new stanchions for about £80 each I think.
lonehelmet
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by lonehelmet on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

Hi James, thanks for your reply. I've done some very careful smoothing on them with a diamond dust file and I think they will do for another season... same with the caliper. More a case of trying to get in some spares in advance... in particular, the Nissin caliper is getting harder to find. But yes, might be a case for new stanchions off Ebay for next year, £90 each posted is not a bad price.. wonder if anyone has any experience of these Italian stanchions?

Best wishes, Steve
Trollface
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Awesome!

Post by Trollface on Sat 14 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

From earlier postings, I thought Nissin and Brembo front calipers were interchangable. Kwackboy is the expert on this.
lonehelmet
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by lonehelmet on Sun 15 Jan 2012, 2:54 pm

They are physically interchangeable, i.e. they fit the same mounting lugs and discs, but I understand that the piston sizes in the calipers are different, meaning that there is either too much or too little lever travel at the handlebar if a mixture of the two master cylinder / caliper types is used, although I do not have personal experience of this. All comments welcome!
Disorganized
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Disorganized on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 10:29 pm

I've got a working Nissin front brake caliper from a 1995 CB, if you still need one you can have it for £50 including postage, if you want it you can pay me through Paypal (vince@disorganized.co.uk) or I can make an ebay listing for it for you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 23 Aug 2017, 4:30 pm