You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Problems in Opera for Android

kungfupoodle
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Problems in Opera for Android

Post by kungfupoodle on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

I use Opera Mobile on my phone. If I set it to display the desktop version of the forum I can see everything and navigate around but if I try and reply the text entry box appears to be only 1 pixel high.

If I try the forum in mobile view as opposed to desktop view it's a complete disaster.

Is there anything we can do?

Alternatively is there an App that is compatible with the underlying forum engine? If not, shall I write one? Smile
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Re: Problems in Opera for Android

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Sat 05 Nov 2011, 12:52 am

Hi Smile

Unfortunately cannot help you with your problem, but I can look into it. I use Opera too, and I have never noticed this problem before. I guess I've never replied from my phone before. I will try and figure out why this is. There is no reason it would do what it does, so there must be a conflict somewhere or some errant code.

Unfortunately no app either. It's free forum software so no one really wants to put any time or money into it.

So are you saying you can build an app for this site? Now that would be nifty Smile By all means go ahead and do so!
kungfupoodle
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by kungfupoodle on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 6:39 pm

There is the tapatalk app but it's nearly two quid Shocked and I'm not sure it supports highbb. As to writing an app it just depends on how we interface to the server. I'll see if I can knock something up in windoze and see what flies.
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:12 pm

A quick bit of research reveals that the forum is not compatible with the app, or 'highly unlikely' to work Rolling Eyes

I have no idea how to write an app, so I'll support this the best I can. So...how do we go about this? Smile
kungfupoodle
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by kungfupoodle on Thu 10 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

Essentially it's not too difficult.. read the html page, find the interesting tags (e.g. forum titles) and simulate some clicks.
It gets more complicated as you add a nice text editor (with smilies etc..) and display inline images. Then there's logging in and user profile management etc.. but a basic read and reply service shouldn't be very hard.
Apps are supposed to look funky so someone else will have to do the design.. that's probably your area Smile

Edit: while reading the pages is workable it would be better if the forum presented an purpose built interface that I could query for forums / posts etc.. have you encountered one?
kungfupoodle
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by kungfupoodle on Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:10 pm

test (working on the app)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Feb 2018, 1:52 pm