Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

GIVI V46 Brake Light Kit

scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved GIVI V46 Brake Light Kit

Post by scottrichardwalker on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:09 pm

Hi All
I have just bought a GIVI V46 top box for my CB500 and noticed that you can fit a brake light kit to it. Has anyone got such a top box and brake light kit fitted and if so do you think it is worth it? How bright is the light? Also how easy are these brake light kits to install?
Many Thanks
Scott

Last edited by scottrichardwalker on Tue 08 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved Re: GIVI V46 Brake Light Kit

Post by pedro on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 4:52 pm

Hi,

I've got a Givi "Flow" topbox and I fitted the Givi brake light kit to it.It's fairly easy to fit,it must be if I can do it,and it works pretty well-anything that helps the cagers see you has to be worth a try - right!!
scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by scottrichardwalker on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

Hi Pedro, very true regarding the "Cagers" lol!
How bright is the light? I have been told that it is pretty poor?
Is there any drilling involved in fitting the brake light kit? Not sure I want to be drilling holes in the rear section of my bike!
Scott
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:27 pm

I didn't have to drill any part of the bike ( I'm the same as you on that one ) but as ever you need to take a minute or two to route the wireing.Regarding the brightness - can't really say-I'm not allowed out at night - but it looks fairly bright in the garage. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by scottrichardwalker on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:31 pm

Thanks Pedro, to be honest you have been more than helpful! As you said previously any sort of light must be useful whether it is bright or dim! I was more worried about the installation of the light and drilling holes in my motorcycle (Making it look like an Edam cheese!) and if you say that is not required then I think I will go ahead and buy the kit. The Givi box I have got is the V46 Tech!
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

I fitted mine a few years ago and as said it is a "Flow" model (36 ltre I think) but I presume the brake light fitting is the same. On mine the actual connection is two part , the wire from the bikes brake light wiring goes to a "plug" that fits into the Givi rack and obviously the the other bit fits into base of the topbox,you then have to run the wire from the plug inside the 'box to the light fitting. The connection is then made or broken whenever you clip the 'box on or off- I've found this to be very reliable.

Good luck with the fitting , hope it all goes well.
scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by scottrichardwalker on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

I will update this thread once I get the kit and fit it. (This could take a few weeks!).
Thanks again
Scott
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by pedro on Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

You're very welcome
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Solved givi v46 tech

Post by broc11 on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 7:43 pm

@scottrichardwalker wrote:I will update this thread once I get the kit and fit it. (This could take a few weeks!).
Thanks again
Scott

Hi,Scott

did you get the box and brake light fitted and what do you think of the brakelight,was it worth the hassle?

I have an e36 givi monokey on at the min but it wont hold the helmet so it's no good to me

if anyone wants it I'll sell it, also i have the original exhaust in perfect condition for sale, I'm fitting a new fuel end can soon.

I'm in Ireland so shipping could be expensive
scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Solved So, was the brake light kit worth it?

Post by scottrichardwalker on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

Hi Pedro,
Sorry for the delay in replying! I indeed went ahead and purchased and fitted the Givi V46 Brake Light kit to my Givi V46 Top Box. My biggest concern before purchasing the item was whether it would throw off enough light. After a month of riding with the brake light kit however I no longer have this concern! It is actually quite bright and certainly an improvement on the rear brake light alone. The fitting of the kit is reasonably straight forward and can be done in less than an hour (Probably much less for most people but I wanted to get it right first time!). Having now used the brake light I certainly wouldn't go back and have a top box without one. It appears to be well made and so far have had no problems with it at all. Although a little on the expensive side it is an accessory I would now recommend.
I hope that answers your questions!
Happy riding
Scott
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Post by broc11 on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

@scottrichardwalker wrote:Hi Pedro,
Sorry for the delay in replying! I indeed went ahead and purchased and fitted the Givi V46 Brake Light kit to my Givi V46 Top Box. My biggest concern before purchasing the item was whether it would throw off enough light. After a month of riding with the brake light kit however I no longer have this concern! It is actually quite bright and certainly an improvement on the rear brake light alone. The fitting of the kit is reasonably straight forward and can be done in less than an hour (Probably much less for most people but I wanted to get it right first time!). Having now used the brake light I certainly wouldn't go back and have a top box without one. It appears to be well made and so far have had no problems with it at all. Although a little on the expensive side it is an accessory I would now recommend.
I hope that answers your questions!
Happy riding
Scott

thanks scott, yes i'm going to go ahead and buy the v46 and brakelight so,

do you leave the box on all the time,just a bit concerned that taking it off and on alot might affect the eletrical connection,

i looked at bigger boxes,eg 55 litre, but i think the 46 is big enough for the cb500,

did you get the tech or the standard v46,cant make up my mind which one looks best,

thanks mate,take care
scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by scottrichardwalker on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

Hi Pedro,
I leave the box on all the time. I do not have a need to remove it on a frequent basis but I do take your point that if it is removed regularly that probably wont help the contacts.
As for size, it fits my Caberg Konda helmet easily along with my trousers and gloves so it is reasonably roomy, two helmets (Unless open face) might be a bit of a squeeze though.
I chose the tech version (Black and grey) as opposed to original Red and Black. I looked at both before purchasing and there is little in them to be honest, it is simply personal choice!
Scott
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Post by broc11 on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

Thanks Scott, its broc11 by the way,not Pedro,going to get the box and brake light ordered and fitted,I'll post back my opinion on it,

thanks for the advice
scottrichardwalker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by scottrichardwalker on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 8:30 am

Morning Broc,
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just assumed that it was Pedro as he was the only person that had previously responded! I should have been a little more observant!
Anyway, let me know how it goes! I hope you enjoy it!
Scott
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Post by broc11 on Wed 02 Nov 2011, 6:48 pm

@scottrichardwalker wrote:Morning Broc,
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I just assumed that it was Pedro as he was the only person that had previously responded! I should have been a little more observant!
Anyway, let me know how it goes! I hope you enjoy it!
Scott

Hi Scott, I'm thinking of going for the E55 tech with brake light and backrest, theres not that much dif in size from the V46, just and inch longer and wider approx and a slight bit higher,10mm

won't know till its on the spose, going to look alot bigger than the E36 have at the min anyway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:58 am