Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Screens

commuterman
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Screens

Post by commuterman on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 7:34 pm

With the winter approaching I'm thinking about replacing the screen on my half-faired SY to one a bit taller. Anyone know of an aftermarket one to fit?
steeeve66
Godzilla
Godzilla

Re: Screens

Post by steeeve66 on Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm

I got a 'flip up' screen from wemoto for 40 quid, it gives slightly better protection than the standard, but not much.

S
oldenuff
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Screens

Post by oldenuff on Fri 02 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

I fitted the Skidmarx flip-up screen (£35) with mixed results. Up to 60mph it offers much better protection from buffeting and rain. Above that it does not perform very much better than the standard screen.
commuterman
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by commuterman on Sun 04 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

Sounds like I should save my cash and stick with the original. Cheers.
Chris_B
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Chris_B on Fri 09 Mar 2012, 10:13 pm

Hi, I've been in touch with Skidmarx and have ordered a touring screen for CB500-V. I mainly commute and they were very helpful. Contact them, tell them what you're looking for and they may be able to help. I'll let you know how I get on with they touring screen when I get it and have had a few miles with it.
commuterman
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by commuterman on Sun 11 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

Thanks for the advice but i've ridden the bike for a year now without any real problems. Not the smoothest ride on the motorway but i'll just stick with the original & spend the cash on other stuff. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 10:58 am