You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

complete exhaust system

cb1300rider
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

complete exhaust system

Post by cb1300rider on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 7:43 pm

Howdy

Im going to be needing to replace my exhaust soon, headers and end can, anyone got any advise on the best way to remove the header pipes?

I didnt have the best experience with header pipe removal on my ntv600 i had previously.

So if anyone has experience of this and some good tips i would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Simon
steeeve66
Godzilla
Godzilla

Re: complete exhaust system

Post by steeeve66 on Mon 25 Jul 2011, 8:00 pm

Removing the header pipes is pretty straightforward - the only likely problem will be the studs securing the pipes to the front of the engine; they'll probably be corroded and seized, so spray some wd40 on them and leave for a while, it's not the end of the world if you strip them, they are replaceable, but it's a pain so go easy on them.
The end can really shouldn't present any trouble tho.
Slippery2009
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by Slippery2009 on Thu 04 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

If I were you I'd take the opportunity to replace the studs as well. They are very cheap and if there's signs of rust on them whip em out. It's a straight forward double nut job providing you don't snap any removing the header. Liberal lubrication is recommended!
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

It's for this reason exactly that I always rubbed them in WD40.

The headers are pretty easyto remove and replace. The biggest problem I ever had with my exhaust was securing the clamp that links them. You have to do that up TIGHT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 16 Oct 2018, 11:06 am