You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Share
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 10:50 am

Took delivery of a "Midi Round End Can " from Fuel Exhausts recently. I had read about them on this forum and thought I would give them a try (especially with Club discount).
On opening the box I was impressed with the quality of all the bits.Fitting wasn't much of a problem but as other folk have said it does take a wee bit of time to line everything up properly.
Went out over the weekend to give it a try , did about 100 miles , the exhaust note (baffles in) was great and I'm sure it did improve performance , especially in the mid range.I seem to remember reading that Honda ( and presumably all the other manufacturers as well ) had to strangle mid range performance on their carb. engines to get them thro' US/EU emmission tests of the day, the tests all being done in that rev range. So I think that the engine is breathing a lot better ( I also fitted a K&N air filter a couple of years ago.
All in all I think that was a bit of a result, I would like to get a set of s/s downpipes next but might have to wait a few months for those.
avatar
spitonyourgrave22
Admin
Admin

Posts : 439
Location : Sheffield, UK

Sounds like the norm to me

Post by spitonyourgrave22 on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm

You seem to be getting the general consensus a lot of other customers are saying about FUEL. As soon as I get my next bike, I'm getting a FUEL can for it. It's very right for the CB, after trying a few cans myself, it is definitely the best of the lot.

Also you get cake with your order Wink

Let us know how you get on in a couple of months!
avatar
dk5418
Squiddy
Squiddy

Posts : 15
Location : Moscow

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by dk5418 on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Yep, I'd go for this one as well....I wonder, if they could organize sending to moscow... Cheers.
avatar
greyhoundbloke
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Posts : 28
Location : Fife, Scotland

fuel exhaust end can

Post by greyhoundbloke on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

Have the company made changes to design;; seem to remember reports of problems with centre stand stop (or lack of). Might go for it meself if straight forward fitting.
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

There certainly was a centre stand stop bracket fitted to the can I got from Fuel , you need to take the rubber stop off the old can and fit it to the new one ( a hole is provided ). You also need to make sure you tighten the clamp bolts as tight as you can otherwise when the bike is taken off the centre stand it (the centre stand) will hit the stop and revolve it upwards. Worst case scenario , this could mean the stand will foul the chain!!
avatar
greyhoundbloke
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Posts : 28
Location : Fife, Scotland

fuel exhaust can

Post by greyhoundbloke on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

Thanks for that Pedro; going to go for the Gold Titanium Oval can
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

Enjoy
avatar
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Posts : 52

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by broc11 on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:59 am

@pedro wrote:Took delivery of a "Midi Round End Can " from Fuel Exhausts recently. I had read about them on this forum and thought I would give them a try (especially with Club discount).
On opening the box I was impressed with the quality of all the bits.Fitting wasn't much of a problem but as other folk have said it does take a wee bit of time to line everything up properly.
Went out over the weekend to give it a try , did about 100 miles , the exhaust note (baffles in) was great and I'm sure it did improve performance , especially in the mid range.I seem to remember reading that Honda ( and presumably all the other manufacturers as well ) had to strangle mid range performance on their carb. engines to get them thro' US/EU emmission tests of the day, the tests all being done in that rev range. So I think that the engine is breathing a lot better ( I also fitted a K&N air filter a couple of years ago.
All in all I think that was a bit of a result, I would like to get a set of s/s downpipes next but might have to wait a few months for those.

Hi guys,thanks for the posts,I've got a few questions, how do you get the discount from fuel exhausts for being a forum member,also should i go for the race version or the road legal? I'm looking at the stainless oval can,midi

thanks
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:59 am

Hi broc11, to get the Club discount you need to put the following code at the basket stage of the Fuel order page "CB5-OC-2011" ( suggest you go to the Fuel advert on the Club website to get all details for ordering).

As mentioned I got the road legal "Midi Round" can ,the baffle is removable (just need to remove 1 screw) but I've not tried it yet. It is fruity enough as it is for me.


Last edited by pedro on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ommission)
avatar
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Posts : 52

thanks

Post by broc11 on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for that,I'm going to order it now,the stock exhaust is too quiet and seems to be choking the bike, i'm very happy with the Cb500, great handling.

ride safe
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 6:19 pm

Yes thats what I thought about the stock system. I hope you will be pleased with the Fuel can, I certainly was.As well as sounding better it also looks a hell of a lot better. I'm convinced it improved the mid range with the engine breathing better - be interested to hear if you agree.

Take care.
avatar
Trollface
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Awesome!
Posts : 80

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by Trollface on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

I`m working up to getting a Fuel end can too. Do I need to get one of the circular gaskets that you see on ebay to seal between the silencer and the front pipe, please?
avatar
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Posts : 52

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by broc11 on Wed 26 Oct 2011, 9:48 pm

Hi, I don't know,maybe Pedro can tell us,I'll post back when i get it fitted and let you know what I think, cheers
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 8:23 am

Hi folks,

No you don't need any gaskets, everything you need comes in the box. Just make sure you tighten the clamps up really tight.
avatar
Trollface
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Awesome!
Posts : 80

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by Trollface on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

Thanks for the info, Pedro
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

You're welcome.
avatar
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!
Posts : 1505
Location : London

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by ashcroc on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

@pedro wrote:Hi folks,

No you don't need any gaskets, everything you need comes in the box. Just make sure you tighten the clamps up really tight.
I used some silicon sealant on the join between the can & the down pipe to be on the safe side. I'm not 100% sure it was needed as I never tried without but it certainly doesn't hurt.
avatar
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Posts : 52

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by broc11 on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:56 pm

@ashcroc wrote:
@pedro wrote:Hi folks,

No you don't need any gaskets, everything you need comes in the box. Just make sure you tighten the clamps up really tight.
I used some silicon sealant on the join between the can & the down pipe to be on the safe side. I'm not 100% sure it was needed as I never tried without but it certainly doesn't hurt.



Hi, What type of silicone sealent did you use? thanks
avatar
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!
Posts : 1505
Location : London

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by ashcroc on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:32 pm

I had some quick setting stuff left over from when I fixed white goods but a standard'liquid gasket' like this one would work fine.
avatar
James_chivers
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Posts : 118
Location : Bedfordshire

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by James_chivers on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:38 pm

I would use a product like Holts Firegum for the joints; it's designed for the exhaust joints and a fair price.
avatar
ashcroc
the 900
the 900

Awesome!
Posts : 1505
Location : London

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by ashcroc on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

Firegum works fine but it leaves a nasty grey residue so I'd personally leave it for car exhausts where it's hidden from view. The beauty of silicon sealant is being clear (unless choose a coloured one), it isn't so noticeable & it'll easily handle the heat cycles.
avatar
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Posts : 52

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by broc11 on Fri 04 Nov 2011, 11:41 pm

@pedro wrote:Yes thats what I thought about the stock system. I hope you will be pleased with the Fuel can, I certainly was.As well as sounding better it also looks a hell of a lot better. I'm convinced it improved the mid range with the engine breathing better - be interested to hear if you agree.

Take care.

Hi Pedro,

I got my Fuel can today and got it fitted no problem,took me less than an hour,very starightforward, I didnt bother using any silicone in the joints,just gave them a good tightening up.

I got the midi round road legal with carbon finish,I'm very happy with how it looks and the sound is fantastic,don't think i'll be removing the baffle either,might try it someday though for the craic!

Performance wise i notice a big difference,the bike is reving far better and theres a big difference in mid range power,money well spent, also got a nice mint cake with the can!!

Ride safe
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:38 am

Hi broc11,

Glad you're pleased with your new can.

I agree with everything you said.The engine seems a lot happier with the new can.

Now you've sorted out the breathing at one end how's about putting a K and N air filter at the other end??

Keep safe.
avatar
broc11
Rossi
Rossi

Posts : 52

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by broc11 on Sun 13 Nov 2011, 12:05 am

Hi pedro, took the baffle out today,great rip of her, not much law around here so i'll leave it out for a while,

does the kn filter make much difference and would the bike need re tuning after its fitted?
avatar
pedro
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Posts : 77
Location : Javea,Alicante,Spain

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by pedro on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:26 am

Hello Broc11,

Fitted mine about 5/6 years ago , seem to remember feeling that there was an improvement, but not as signifcant as that provided by the end can.The biggest improvement must be running the two together but I have never run the bike with the Fuel can and a OE air filter.

Never had to re-jet , the engine seems happy and the plugs have always been the right colour. As other people have said on this forum Hondas' run rich straight out of the box.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Re: End Can From Fuel Exhausts

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue 14 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm