Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

What do you carry on your bike?

OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

What do you carry on your bike? Empty What do you carry on your bike?

Post by OldRocker on Sat 12 Oct 2019, 2:17 pm

So what do you peeps carry on your bike?
Other than the SW motech soft bags and Givi top box, I go fishing (sea and fresh water fly fishing for trout). For sea I have a Shakespeare Salt sand spike which I cut in half and drilled 6mm holes to fit knurled s/s bolts with s/s wing nuts, also travel beachcasters 1-4oz casting weight. I strap them on with flat bungies to the givi bracket as well as the sand spike. My reels and terminal tackle etc goes into a rucksack into the top box. I do similar with my travel fly rod and tackle.
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

What do you carry on your bike? Empty Re: What do you carry on your bike?

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 12 Oct 2019, 8:10 pm

My throwover panniers holding waterproofs and a length of rope and bungees
Under seat:
Stock toolkit with mini adjustable spanner
Spare stop/tail bulb
Spare headlight bulb
Spare clutch cable
USB charger
Cable repair kit which has got spares for throttle and clutch
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Sun 13 Oct 2019, 11:02 am

My waterproof trousers are in the top box, I have put extra alan keys in the tool kit under the passenger sear as well as the unlocking thingy for tomtom sat nav bracket. If I am on a long trip I also put the RedPro 1/4" socket set in the side panniers as well as a couple of fibre cloths.
motofan
motofan
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by motofan on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 10:15 am

In top box waterproof?? trousers & jacket & waterproof map of Normandie (I quite often follow my wife's advice "get lost").
In tool box: toolkit, tyre repair arseosol (don't know if it works, don't want to find out!), cable repair kit in a tin (ditto), and a gargo net elasticcy thingy with all hooks on it for if I forget something or find something on the road!
If I need a bunch more shit (American slang, I believe it means "anything else") then I have a Bagster tank bag and it can really hold a whole bunch more shit!
Travel light(speed of!)
Dave.
trevor machine
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Tue 15 Oct 2019, 11:38 am

F*** all, really. Hmm - there might be a puck under the seat for parking on (soft) grass. The *might* also be a bit of visor wash and some clean bog roll. But I think it got misplaced. The tool roll thing is in a separate box with the logbook and other bike-relevant paperwork (MOTs past and present, receipts etc.). I travel light because I'm rarely more than 100 odd miles from home.
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Thu 17 Oct 2019, 3:29 pm

Trev, I think I have a puck stashed in the bike somewhere. I don't take any paperwork other than my driving license unless I go over to Europe. As my bike is only 10 months old I have manufacturers (Honda) breakdown cover and is still under warranty.
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 2:39 pm

Yeah I forgot about the side stand puck, I got that at a NABD rally in 2001!
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

I got a few freebie side stand pucks at the NEC motorcycle show in Brum a few years ago. A couple of Yam, Three Honda and one ngk spark plug. Gave a couple away a Brands BSB early in the year to fellow bikers who were having trouble with the soft ground. One of the reasons I have a centre stand as well as side stand on my bike.
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 3:51 pm

@OldRocker wrote:I got a few freebie side stand pucks at the NEC motorcycle show in Brum a few years ago. A couple of Yam, Three Honda and one ngk spark plug. Gave a couple away a Brands BSB early in the year to fellow bikers who were having trouble with the soft ground. One of the reasons I have a centre stand as well as side stand on my bike.

That is why the first thing you do at a rally is crack a beer open (as long as it's a can Laughing )
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 4:29 pm

Ah but I don't drink & drive, a can of Sarsaparilla.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Oct 2019, 4:35 am