Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Selling the CB500!

fgclark123
fgclark123
Running out of unique names

Selling the CB500!  Empty Selling the CB500!

Post by fgclark123 on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 3:57 pm

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202790762927

I've got into the idea of enduros - I bought a 2003 XT600 - wanted to do some off roading.............

But sadly this means the CB500 has to go. Very sadly. Hope I've made the right decision.. I may be back but who knows.

The CB500 is a 2002 model. If anyone wants to know more, fire away.

It's a fine runner, no mechanical issues, I've batted them all away and maintained it well over the years.

Will I miss it? Well, the drive is only so big. It's gotta go.

Any thoughts also, if you think the ebay post is missing anything. cheers.
muttley1
the 900
the 900

Selling the CB500!  Empty Re: Selling the CB500!

Post by muttley1 on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 10:46 pm

You'll miss it definitely, regret it probably, the bike looks like it holds some memories!

Someone offered me a very decent price for my '95 bike the other day and, on the spot, I was tempted. One decent ride later and no chance, I've put too much into it to let it go just because.

N.B. Decent ride involved being followed by a 68 plate unfaired 600/750 could-be-any-thing that I kept losing in the corners for 12 miles along roads I know, but after a few sets of long straights the guy got past at 100+. I stopped to fill up, 61mpg.

Cb5, who needs more?

muttley1
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton
the 900
the 900

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 8:01 pm

I was looking at that a couple of days ago on the bay
trevor machine
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 9:20 pm

I come close to selling mine a few times - never more so than the start of this year. But now it's started to get cold again I'm glad I hung on to it. It's a great bike for when the roads get slippier and don't have any heat in them. I prefer a lighter, easier going bike from October to March - a "little" twin like the 500 is just right for the kind of miles I do. Either town work or out on the back lanes - getting up to the speed limit, a few overtakes here and there. I've been out on the CB a bit more recently and I can't fault it - just got an MOT on it this morning, and even though the guy is strict he couldn't find owt wrong with it. It's a P reg w/ 44k on it. Only thing it needs for winter is a fender extenda and another longer flap beneath - like your bike. I did have one fitted but it all went a bit wrong one day. Embarassed
fgclark123
fgclark123

Post by fgclark123 on Sat 12 Oct 2019, 4:36 pm

Well, looks like £649 isn't attracting any buyers - I bought it for that sum a couple years ago... tho that was in June.

Might mothball it til spring.

It is a good runner tho, mostly thanks to the advice in this forum...

As to regrets - time will tell!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Oct 2019, 4:42 am