Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Transfer of site ownership

Poll

Are you happy for site ownership to be transferred to myself, Teamster1975?

[ 18 ]
Transfer of site ownership I_vote_lcap100%Transfer of site ownership I_vote_rcap [100%] 
[ 0 ]
Transfer of site ownership I_vote_lcap0%Transfer of site ownership I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Transfer of site ownership Empty Transfer of site ownership

Post by teamster1975 on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 12:54 pm

Hi everyone,

As part of the site ownership saga, I am required to present a poll, asking if you are happy with this request.
I will send a link to the Forumotion admin I am in contact with, and hopefully we can get this sorted quickly, once they are happy with the general consensus.
To give you some background - the site owner, Spitonyourgrave22, is no longer contactable, and last visited in February. In order to gain access to the domain and DNS admin requires the "Founder" account, once I have access to this I can look to enabling HTTPS.
Thank you for your patience guys :-)
davecb5002
davecb5002
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Transfer of site ownership Empty Re: Transfer of site ownership

Post by davecb5002 on Tue 24 Sep 2019, 8:05 pm

Something needs to be sorted,has been going downhill for some time Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 8:50 am

@davecb5002 wrote:Something needs to be sorted,has been going downhill for some time Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Yes I know, a lot of people jumped ship and moved to the Facebook group, but I'm an old fashioned sod and prefer forums, keep social media separate. There is life in the old girl yet, as they say! Laughing
smokingsig
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by smokingsig on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 10:21 am

YES please!
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 2:24 pm

I don't use face ache or any of those so called sites.
I am more than happy for the site to be transfered.
skyrider
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Wed 25 Sep 2019, 6:52 pm

i aint going on any facebook or any other social media crap im staying put right here, i have been here for a long time i enjoy being here and thats the way it is, people might call me old fashioned thats their problem not mine, so if you want to get new owners in and carry on as we have before thats fine by me a lot of people dont like change and im one of them

Last edited by skyrider on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
geewhizz
geewhizz
the 900
the 900

Post by geewhizz on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 12:28 am

it would be great if the forum can continue in some secure form or other, if it can transfer, great, but i also wont be joining facebook if it migrates there. keep it old school!
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 9:18 am

Teamster: How long do you have to wait until the site is transfered to you? Also when it eventually happens can you make the fonts a little larger e.g. the top ones in blue as not everyone has 20/20 vision. Thanks David
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 10:53 am

@OldRocker wrote:Teamster: How long do you have to wait until the site is transfered to you? Also when it eventually happens can you make the fonts a little larger e.g. the top ones in blue as not everyone has 20/20 vision. Thanks David

I got a PM from one of the admins at Forumotion last night, they reckon the poll needs to be running for a two months which I think is unreasonable myself, because we had to wait 6 months until I could begin the process. I'll have a chat with them again later, many Dad taxi duties tonight so god knows what time I'll get to it Laughing

The daft thing is, if "Spitonyourgrave22" had handed over the founder login rather than just disappearing, we wouldn't be having to jump through hoops. It's getting a bit wearing considering it's a hobby, and I will have to buy a package to enable HTTPS. You would have thought they would want the business!

Don't worry, I've just bought my first pair of bins, I fully sympathise Wink
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:14 am

Thanks for the update, absolutely nuts the time period the admins want. when you know the costs perhaps we can all chip in a little to help with the HTTP. A new topic should find out who is interested.
BTW I have recently had the cataract op on 1 eye, stitches out and all doing good so far, just waiting for a date to have other one done.

Last edited by OldRocker on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:26 am

@OldRocker wrote:Thanks for the update, absolutely nuts the time period the admins want. when you know the costs perhaps we can all chip in a little to help with the HTTP. A new topic should find out who is interested.
BTW I have recently had the cataract op on 1 eye, stitches out and all doing good so far, just waiting for a date to have other one done.

Let's hold fire until I actually get founder access, I will keep you all posted.
Double cataracts, mate that must have been hell! All the best with your recovery and not too long a wait for the other one.
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 11:32 am

Thanks mate, the thought of the op was worse than actual. had a distance lense put in behind iris, things are so bright and no rings round the street lights. normally you don't need stitches and only take about 15 mins instead of 55 which my one took, no pain so a good one.
trevor machine
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Thu 26 Sep 2019, 5:10 pm

I don't like facepuke either and prefer a message board format.
stormbringer
stormbringer
the 900
the 900

Post by stormbringer on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 7:47 am

Well of course I agree that transferring 'Founder' powers to you (teamster1975) is the right thing to do. Not that I dislike spitonyourgrave22 in any way, but ever since i joined this forum, it's been an issue that he's out of reach when you need the powers of Founder to be applied to .

I'll happily vote for transferring those powers to you.

As for moving to https; since it's progress, I'll vote Ay to that too. Is there a cost associated with adding that feature?
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Wed 02 Oct 2019, 10:01 am

@stormbringer wrote:Well of course I agree that transferring 'Founder' powers to you (teamster1975) is the right thing to do. Not that I dislike spitonyourgrave22 in any way, but ever since i joined this forum, it's been an issue that he's out of reach when you need the powers of Founder to be applied to .

I'll happily vote for transferring those powers to you.

As for moving to https; since it's progress, I'll vote Ay to that too. Is there a cost associated with adding that feature?

Thank you Martin, and I totally agree, I never met Dan (spitonyourgrave22) but he seemed a nice enough guy. I guess that is the danger of balancing hobbies and real life, things fall away.
There will be a cost for HTTPS, we have to buy a package rather than using the free version which is paid for with "credits". The cost is not advertised anywhere, once I get access if it is not extortionate I'll just do it.
Another small issue is that the domain expires at the end of this month Laughing It is registered with Godaddy according to the whois, I'm not sure whether that is tied to Forumotion or Dan's personal account and cannot tell until I get Founder access. Hopefully the Forumotion admins will be satisfied with the poll prior to that!
smokingsig
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by smokingsig on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 11:04 am

@teamster1975 wrote:

Another small issue is that the domain expires at the end of this month Laughing 

OhBoy  Neutral
skyrider
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 6:48 pm

time to look busy then and hope we will still all be here
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 11:54 pm

@skyrider wrote:time to look busy then and hope we will still all be here

Tell me about it, I don't know why they are making it so difficult.
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton
the 900
the 900

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 8:23 pm

I'll probably end up not being here for much longer as I rarely remember to even check into this site anymore.

I'll whole heartedly agree the forums are the way to go, but forum-nation isn't the way forward. The search function is just so poor, just the same questions time and time again. The mobile platform is horrible to use as well.

The viewing of new posts is hard to do.

Here's an example from Customfighters forum.
First page of the thread there is a button click it and suddenly you're at the first post that you've not read. You don't need to scroll and scroll and guess where you got upto, you just click and and you're at that point.

Transfer of site ownership 33d807a3c13a8a2eeea52834886c5022
smokingsig
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by smokingsig on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 7:27 am

@Jameshambleton wrote:I'll probably end up not being here for much longer as I rarely remember to even check into this site anymore.

I'll whole heartedly agree the forums are the way to go, but forum-nation isn't the way forward. The search function is just so poor, just the same questions time and time again. The mobile platform is horrible to use as well.

The viewing of new posts is hard to do.

Here's an example from Customfighters forum.
First page of the thread there is a button click it and suddenly you're at the first post that you've not read. You don't need to scroll and scroll and guess where you got upto, you just click and and you're at that point.

Transfer of site ownership 33d807a3c13a8a2eeea52834886c5022

We also have that ? 

Top right: View posts since last visit
skyrider
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 6:45 pm

really sorry to hear that james  Neutral
hh_12345
hh_12345
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by hh_12345 on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 10:45 pm

18 people have voted, even less people regularly post, so checking new posts will not be that much of an issue  rendeer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Oct 2019, 4:23 am