Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Annoying throttle twistgrip issue

jchesshyre
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Annoying throttle twistgrip issue Empty Annoying throttle twistgrip issue

Post by jchesshyre on Fri 28 Jun 2019, 10:40 am

My twistgrip is rubbing in a really annoying way – there doesn't seem to be quite enough space between the bar end weight and the switchgear. I tried having the weight a bit looser (has thread-lock on so won't come undone) but it vibrated in a nasty way.

I never had this with my first CB so I don't know why this would be like this. It's not an aftermarket grip as far as I can see.

Any tricks to sort this? I *really* hate the feeling of a stiff throttle...not to mention safety and MoT...
J0a
J0a

Annoying throttle twistgrip issue Empty Re: Annoying throttle twistgrip issue

Post by J0a on Fri 28 Jun 2019, 3:34 pm

I just added a plastic/rubber washer/piece in between to get the bar end weight further out and not touch my throttle grip anymore.
Beresford
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Fri 28 Jun 2019, 11:01 pm

I just eased the grip rubber away from the BEW and put in the occasional squirt of WD40. Usually only needs to be repeated every couple of weeks.
jchesshyre
jchesshyre
the 900
the 900

Post by jchesshyre on Sat 29 Jun 2019, 1:32 pm

@J0a wrote:I just added a plastic/rubber washer/piece in between to get the bar end weight further out and not touch my throttle grip anymore.

Cheers lads, well I had some spare 10p-sized plastic washers lying around – a couple of these has completely sorted it. For someone with a fair bit of experience working on bikes, I'm quite unimaginative sometimes...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2019, 1:22 pm