Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Clutch noise

motofan
motofan
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Clutch noise Empty Clutch noise

Post by motofan on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 8:04 am

Hi guys. Ever since I bought this bike the clutch has rattled. When I first had it it sounded like it wanted to come out of the casing but that was play in the springs which I took up by welding washers in the backplate as seen on youtube. Having done that it was much better but it still grumbles on tickover and the noise quietens once the clutch lever is pulled. I'm not unduly worried, it's noise and it's only the clutch, but it is irritating and I just wondered if this is  "they all do that sir!" , or should I investigate further? The clutch works fine! scratch
Oafski
Oafski
Godly
Godly

Clutch noise Empty Re: Clutch noise

Post by Oafski on Thu 20 Jun 2019, 6:26 pm

Mine chunters a bit on tickover in neutral but also stops when lever pulled in. Never bothered me as it all works fine and just put it down to a characteristic of the bike.
motofan
motofan
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by motofan on Fri 21 Jun 2019, 12:50 pm

Thanks for that bit of morale boosting, indeed, "If it's not broken don't fix it!"
burudis
burudis
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Clutch noise Empty tt

Post by burudis on Fri 21 Jun 2019, 1:44 pm

perhaps slack in the fixation by its outer end, of the totality of disks.
The slack occurs in the clutch bell
Which becomes more evident at idle and obviously disappears when 'pressing' the discs when the clutch lever acts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2019, 9:20 pm