Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Always back to CB500

Hcb
Hcb
Godly
Godly

Always back to CB500 Empty Always back to CB500

Post by Hcb on Sun 16 Jun 2019, 8:33 pm

11 years ago, I bought my first big bike. A CB500 from 1996. It was the year 2007 and I had a YBR 125 that gave me great satisfaction, but it was not enough.

The change was incredible and I fell in love with this bike instantly.

But we always want something new and different over the years.

Then, I bought a TDM 900. Pure power. But I was missing something .. Everything was electronic and the engine is very progressive, without carburetors. I bored incredibly with this bike, and comfort was not what I expected.

I went back to using my old CB500 for trips. I smiled again. I was not just traveling, as in the TDM. I traveled, I had fun, and I was comfortable.

2 years later, my old CB was still working perfectly, but the same thing always happens, I wanted something new.

Then I bought a CBF 600.

It's a great motorcycle, and I've traveled many kilometers with it, but something similar happened with the TDM, I was missing something.

A very progressive engine, very smooth, good finishes, but ... tremendously boring.

For me, all these modern motorcycles have something in common.

They do not have a soul.

Tired of doing kilometers without having fun ... I went back to the CB500 ..

And the smile returned to my face, again.

It has 150,000 km, or 93,000 miles.

I do not know if this has happened to you, but in any case, those who continue to use their old CB, know that you have an incredible and special motorcycle.

In my case, I do not just have fun and I do kilometers with her .. I also work every day.

On the other hand, this bike connects spiritually with me, and makes many moments perfect. It is something very strange, although poetic.

I hope that my story has not been exaggerated. I know they are only machines after all, but what they make us feel makes them much more important.
Oafski
Oafski
Godly
Godly

Always back to CB500 Empty Re: Always back to CB500

Post by Oafski on Mon 17 Jun 2019, 10:01 am

Never a truer word spoken. It goes to prove once again the difference between "want" and "need" our beloved CB500s really are all the bike you need.
hawkwind
hawkwind
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by hawkwind on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 10:45 pm

you have to ride the cb500, all this new stuff rides for you. mines a 1997 and she always makes me smile. best bike i ever rode in 45 years of biking
burudis
burudis
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by burudis on Thu 27 Jun 2019, 11:31 pm

100% agreement.
great emotional story .......
Hcb
Hcb
Godly
Godly

Post by Hcb on Sat 29 Jun 2019, 7:34 pm

Thank you all. I see that I am not the only one who thinks this.

My old CB is living a third or fourth youth, and recently traveled 2,500 km (from Spain to France) without problem, a great experience, unforgettable.

My wife asks me: Why do not you travel with the CBF 600? It is safer and faster ..

My answer is :

I would have to be drugged to do that. I just want to have fun, and I know that with the CB500 I'll get it.

There are also other problems .. it is difficult to find spare parts for this motorcycle, each year it becomes more difficult ..

Shock absorbers, carburetors, engine .. I hope we enjoy our old wonder a long time, but the eco laws and the replacements will complicate us.

Whatever happens, long life to the CB500 ..

I would like to hear your stories, if you have had other bikes and have returned to the CB500.

See you later.
Crash- Elmit
Crash- Elmit
the 900
the 900

Post by Crash- Elmit on Sat 29 Jun 2019, 9:42 pm

I too have a cbf600 (abs version), and it is my current transport until I get the 500 taxed and MOT'd, but have recently had to fork out money to fix the 600 after someone opened a car door into it and put a large dent in the tank, and then I stalled it turning right and dropped it, braking the brake lever and injuring my ankle. I like the 600, but it is not as fun as the 500, and it does not turn as quick through corners
Hcb
Hcb
Godly
Godly

Post by Hcb on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 5:03 pm

@Crash- Elmit wrote:I too have a cbf600 (abs version), and it is my current transport until I get the 500 taxed and MOT'd, but have recently had to fork out money to fix the 600 after someone opened a car door into it and put a large dent in the tank, and then I stalled it turning right and dropped it, braking the brake lever and injuring my ankle. I like the 600, but it is not as fun as the 500, and it does not turn as quick through corners

I think the CBF600 is a good bike, but .. without heart or nerve. For me it's like a car, and I'd like to sell it.

In the forum of the CBF, as is logical, they tell me that it is super fun at 7000-8000 RPM.

They put me videos of the CBF in races, at high speeds .. But what joke is this? I do not want a very fast bike, I want one that pushes at low RPM, without needing to run up to 200 km / h.

It is difficult to talk negatively about a motorcycle in its corresponding forum, a lot. People get offended very quickly.

Nice day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2019, 10:11 pm