Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Brake bleeding?

OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Brake bleeding?  Empty Brake bleeding?

Post by OorWullie on Mon 06 May 2019, 5:22 pm

To make a short story long...

The threads for my mirrors are stripped, which means my mirrors won't tighten and keep spinning in when I ride. I have ordered new levers, and also a Haynes manual, but for now can anyone tell me about brake bleeding? I have bled the hydraulic disc brakes on my mountain bike and assume the process is identical. Take the top off the master cylinder, attach a hose to the bleed nipple on the caliper, loosen bleed nipple, pull brake lever, close bleed nipple, release brake lever, top up fluid in the master cylinder and repeat til there are no air bubbles, then put the top back on the master cylinder and its done.

Is the motorcycle bleeding procedure the same? Or have I missed something/got it completely wrong?

Thanks!
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Brake bleeding?  Empty Re: Brake bleeding?

Post by ANDYC on Mon 06 May 2019, 6:31 pm

That's about it really Very Happy
These are probably about as simple a brake system as you can get.
OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by OorWullie on Mon 06 May 2019, 6:35 pm

Excellent, thanks. Just wanted to check the procedure is the same and something I'm confident with before ending up with a pile of bits soaked in brake fluid and an unrideable bike! Haynes manual and new levers should come this week so I know what I'll be doing on Saturday. Cheers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 27 May 2019, 6:04 am