Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Seat removal??

OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Seat removal??  Empty Seat removal??

Post by OorWullie on Wed 01 May 2019, 6:37 pm

As per the title, how do you get the seat off?! Am I missing something obvious? My cb125f had a key lock just above the left rear shock, but there is nothing on the cb500. A good hard tug hasn't got it off (feel free to make your own jokes!) and I'm not wanting to force it and break something. Anyone able to help me work out how to get it off?

On a related note, the bike came with Oxford heated grips, but the left one is not working. I'd like to get the seat up so I can have a look at the wires, though I might just get new ones anyway as they do look pretty well - used.

Cheers.
haybunch
haybunch
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Seat removal??  Empty Re: Seat removal??

Post by haybunch on Wed 01 May 2019, 9:04 pm

@spitonyourgrave22 wrote:I think everyone here has it covered, but the trick really is to keep the seat low. There is a bar right in front of the hinges, and the seat won't budge forward if you have the seat high, because those hinges hit the bar.

Then slowly wiggle it while pulling forwards and down. It takes a lot of force, but if you have it in the right position it won't snap. Make sure you don't scratch your tank with a staple or something when the seat comes flinging out. LFMF Smile

http://www.cb500club.net/t389-seat-removal
OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by OorWullie on Wed 01 May 2019, 10:26 pm

Thanks, I'll try that. I did try using the search button but didn't get to that thread!
OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by OorWullie on Wed 01 May 2019, 10:35 pm

It turns out I had completely missed the key hole, must have thought it was a bolt on the black side panel. Once I'd put the key in it lifted no bother at all! Feel a bit silly for not seeing it before! Thanks again!
haybunch
haybunch
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by haybunch on Wed 01 May 2019, 10:49 pm

lol i used to do it too, being used to my old bike. stabbing the cb with the key in random places trying to open the seat
OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by OorWullie on Wed 01 May 2019, 10:50 pm

Ah well, at least I'm not the only one then!
motofan
motofan
Three's a Charm
Three's a Charm

Post by motofan on Thu 02 May 2019, 11:30 am

And after I've opened the seat I can never find my key, does that happen to you? scratch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jun 2019, 5:25 am