Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Hello, and questions!

skyerae
skyerae
the 900
the 900

Hello, and questions!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello, and questions!

Post by skyerae on Sat 04 May 2019, 2:38 pm

I am not from Skye but been there twice on holiday. Wanted to name one of my children Skye but with the surname of Rae, that would maybe not have been too wise. So username instead, I live about an hours drive North West of Aberdeen, soon to be moving into the metropolis of Fraserburgh though. I am healing (slowly - still unable to lie on that side) and there will be fun to be had once I start physiotherapy, like in the middle of June - just about when we will most likely to be moving. But on the plus side I am alive and kicking and looking forward to getting the VFR800 it's MOT and getting back on the road.
OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by OorWullie on Sat 04 May 2019, 3:02 pm

Nice area to stay up there too, I worked for the forestry commission at Durris on deeside for a couple of years and my aunt and uncle lived near Elgin for a while so know the area a little.
skyerae
skyerae
the 900
the 900

Post by skyerae on Sat 04 May 2019, 3:17 pm

It is a nice area just the locals are sometimes hard to understand especially in the coastal towns.
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 04 May 2019, 6:38 pm

Whilst we're on about the Scottish theme... I'm in Aberdeen tomorrow and I'm currently in Dunoon!
skyrider
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Sat 04 May 2019, 7:13 pm

a fair few years ago I worked in elgin and used to work for a swimming pool company so we built the pool there
stormbringer
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Mon 06 May 2019, 8:08 am

@stormbringer wrote:Advice for tankbag? Not really. Well - one that fits your intended use Smile Which is unknown to me.
I have a large magnetic tankbag (nicknamed Magneto) used for touring. It does, however, require me to wrap the tank in protective foil used on cars - otherwise it will scratch the paint. Evil magneto. It's big enough (adjustable 14-25 liter) to hold the DSLR, the laptop, phone, wallet, towel (Yes, a towel. Douglas Adams was right!), pens etc. used en route. It converts into a rucksack, allowing me to bring valuables along when visiting POIs.

Heureka! I've located a picture that shows Magneto in action (near Berchtesgaden, Germany):
Hello, and questions!  - Page 2 Img_2013

Also shown are lockable luggage-boxes. Ideal for visiting POIs when combined with the zip-off tankbag/rucksack, but bulky. Makes it less fun to filter on hot+congested autobahn. Also kills mpg rating.
OorWullie
OorWullie
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by OorWullie on Mon 06 May 2019, 4:54 pm

I was looking on ebay but think I'd be better off going to a shop, it's hard to get an idea of the size from pictures! Screen should arrive tomorrow. I will post once I have fitted and test ridden it.

Jameshambleton did you have your bike with you in Dunoon? Give me a shout if you are in the area again and we could get out for a ride.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2019, 9:10 pm