Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Pirelli demons

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Pirelli demons Empty Pirelli demons

Post by muttley1 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 8:54 pm

Hi,
well, its tyre change time again, front and rear both need doing so now would be the time to change the feel of the bike.
I'm thinking of Pirelli sport demons, similar to the 45's perhaps.

I've used 090's a lot, sticky but unhappy in the wet or cold, and s20 evo's which I liked a lot so are an option too...

Riding is a bit of everything, B roads mainly though.

Any thoughts?

Muttley1
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Pirelli demons Empty Re: Pirelli demons

Post by teamster1975 on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 9:52 pm

I had a set of Sport Demons on the CB once, lovely and sticky but they didn't last very long with mostly motorway miles.
liverpool_f_
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Mon 11 Mar 2019, 11:13 pm

I am after something sticky after CB was retired to fun only duty and not commuting. I have another bike with tyre sizes that give much more modern tyre choices than the BT45's and having tried out Bridgestones new T31 on the front, I feel like the BT45's are actually a very outdated tyre. Maybe I will try the Pirelli's next time.

I remember not enjoy the Michelins wet that I purchased once. Perhaps the S20's are the way to go.
skyerae
skyerae
the 900
the 900

Post by skyerae on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 7:46 am

I actually tried Michelin once (there was a 3 in the title) and absolutely hated them. Went back to BT45's afterwards. I ordered a set of Pirelli Demon's for the Honda VFR800 (5th generation) and what confidence inspiring tyre it was. I did start off scrubbing it in but 11 miles later (as it was so grippy) gave it the beans, it was superb. Haven't used the bike much as I used the CB500, and the VFR failed the MOT on a few items. Had a rather major accident on the CB and wrote it off and then recovered from broken ribs. Now had a major shoulder operation which I am still recuperating from and to top it all I have received a nice letter from my company that I "at risk of redundancy" 2019 so far has been a s**t year for me so far..............
skyrider
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 10:31 am

well that's some bad news hope it doesn't happen
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 11:20 am

The sport demons are by far a better tyre for the cb500 than anything else.
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 12 Mar 2019, 2:22 pm

I loved my bt023's but they're definitely more of a summer tyre than winter I'm going to be moving to Roadtec 01's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 22 Jul 2019, 9:46 pm