Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Bike swap for the day

liverpool_f_
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Bike swap for the day Empty Bike swap for the day

Post by liverpool_f_ on Tue 19 Feb 2019, 10:22 pm

Hi all,

I have been off the CB for a few weeks, riding the FZ through the horrible winter grim and rust season. When I get back on, it always feels really different then when I have been riding it everyday.

It makes me feel like you can have no objectivity about your bike when you ride it everyday and it also makes no sense trying to compare it's performance to a different model because it's chalk and cheese.

So the question is, does anyone want to meet up for the day, swap cb's and go for a ride out? That way we will have like for like to compare brakes, suspension, smoothness and all the rest of it. 

After riding the fz for a few months I feel like the front brakes on the Honda might not be as they should be, even though they have been rebuild. Also, as per my other thread, the suspension feels super firm. Would be interested to see if a comparable CB feels the same or if it brings up a few short comings that can be addressed over the summer.

I am London based but SE England is doable if you are not too far.
liverpool_f_
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Bike swap for the day Empty Re: Bike swap for the day

Post by liverpool_f_ on Tue 19 Feb 2019, 10:22 pm

I forgot to add, insurance is a must. I can ride other bikes third party and would expect the same if anyone is up for it.
wornsprokets
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Tue 19 Feb 2019, 11:32 pm

I have cb 500v with 57k and cb 500sy with 28k...there simular in some ways but different... S is much better on motorways and better mpg. . Think i prefer naked cb..  Both have tec rear shocks and bt45s... I am happy with both of them...
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 6:38 am

I've ridden a few other CBs, and they all seem slightly different. 

I'm more than happy to let you try Tango out. Perhaps we should arrange another CB meet up, and coincide it with that?
liverpool_f_
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 6:31 pm

@sullivj wrote:I've ridden a few other CBs, and they all seem slightly different. 

I'm more than happy to let you try Tango out. Perhaps we should arrange another CB meet up, and coincide it with that?

That would be awesome! It's getting to the time of year where motorcycling actually becomes a pleasure again. I think a meet up would be great.
stormbringer
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Wed 20 Feb 2019, 9:15 pm

Wish I could take part in this particular event - meetup or rideout. I've had the exact same thoughts. A-B-testing.
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:59 am

SB, are you hoping to make it to the UK this year at al? We would coincide a meet up with your trip if you're planning one.
davecb5002
davecb5002
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by davecb5002 on Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:51 pm

Anyone thinking of doing a similar meet up in the midlands ?? Or a gathering of CB 500 owners.
Sure some of you are in the midlands. I am in Oswestry Shropshire but do not mind travelling.
Anyone up for it, now spring is approaching Bike swap for the day 737901405 Bike swap for the day 737901405
liverpool_f_
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Fri 22 Feb 2019, 7:54 pm

I am in the SE but wouldn't mind a trek depending on date and distance.
tt fan
tt fan
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by tt fan on Sat 23 Feb 2019, 6:11 pm

I would be up for this...
Be good to see you again, Dave and Sullivj!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 20 Jul 2019, 3:51 am