Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

HT leads orientation

Jcamper56
Jcamper56

HT leads orientation Empty HT leads orientation

Post by Jcamper56 on Thu 31 Jan 2019, 9:08 pm

Hi all, I am in the rebuild stage of my CB500 T 1996 Water cooled bike and I have come across a discrepency in the routing of the HT leads from the coils on the electrical diagram to when I marked the leads when I took them off, I was wondering if anyone out there can clarify it for me.
In the Wiring Harness diagram it shows the top coil suppying the RH cylinder and the bottom coil supplying the left, but the way the coils and the length of the leads are on the bike the top coil has the longest lead and supplies the left cylinder and the bottom coils supplies the right.
does this matter?
Do the coils both fire every time regardless of stroke?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve.
skyerae
skyerae
the 900
the 900

HT leads orientation Empty Re: HT leads orientation

Post by skyerae on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 6:53 am

My bike is written off and gone but to partly answer your question about the coils both firing and they DO NOT. The pulser coils only supply each coil with voltage when the pick up passes the sensor. You need to have the correct coil firing the correct spark plug to get the bike running -do not ask me how I know this. I do remember that the coil with the shortest lead is the one furtherest from the spark plug. The one with the longest lead is just about on top of the spark plug - never did figure that one out.
Oafski
Oafski
Godly
Godly

Post by Oafski on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 11:43 am

Possibly a glitch in the translation from Japanese to Italian. Very Happy
Jcamper56
Jcamper56

Post by Jcamper56 on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 3:43 pm

Hi Skyerae, thanks for the info, I have attached a couple of pictures in my picture looking forward to the coils you can see the longest lead lower coil seems to sit better on LH cylinder but when I took it apart I have labeled it RH (on tape in picture) i dont think ive got this wrong?? but in the diagram picture it does show lower coil LH cylinder?? perhaps i've labelled up wHT leads orientation Ce_15510
HT leads orientation Img_2710rong??
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Fri 01 Feb 2019, 4:28 pm

Dispose of the troublesome coils/HT leads and plug caps and fit modern coil on plugs. I use these from a CBR1000rr.HT leads orientation 00215
I have a pair available with connectors if you're interested.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 15 Oct 2019, 2:23 pm