Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix?

dv12
dv12

Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix? Empty Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix?

Post by dv12 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:06 pm

I have discovered a significant crack in the left crank case cover of the bike I'm fixing up. 

Anyone mended anything like this before successfully? 
Wonder if something like JB Weld or some kind of chemical metal would repair it?

Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix? Img_2310
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix? Empty Re: Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix?

Post by ANDYC on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:43 pm

Yes but the alternator may not be seated true to the rotor as that must have taken an impact to crack it initially.
dv12
dv12

Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix? Empty Re: Cracked left crack case. Suggestions for a fix?

Post by dv12 on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:59 pm

Yea. Thats a good point. Of the 4 bolts holding the stater in place, 2 were very hard to get out. I thought threads were starting to ring out, so maybe something not aligned 100%.
That said the voltage output when running is fine and there are no rubbing noises.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 27 May 2019, 6:27 am