Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Smart Lithium Battery

jerryfudd
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1717
Location : Surrey

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Smart Lithium Battery

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 4:37 pm

Was in the market for a new battery so thought I'd give lithium a go - and why not a 'smart' one at that...

Smart Lithium Battery 4ZYMejS

Smart Lithium Battery GABJ1mC

Smart Lithium Battery WTiAoHk

Smart Lithium Battery LJwgGnO

Smart Lithium Battery IIs4Ily

Dan
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic
Posts : 1102
Location : Windsor

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by ANDYC on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 10:21 pm

They're good for race/track bike where weight loss is an advantage. 
BUT.....they don't have the CCA or cranking power of conventional batteries and you will think that your starter motor is very sluggish.
jerryfudd
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1717
Location : Surrey

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by jerryfudd on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:29 pm

@ANDYC wrote:They're good for race/track bike where weight loss is an advantage. 
BUT.....they don't have the CCA or cranking power of conventional batteries and you will think that your starter motor is very sluggish.

lithiums have a higher CCA - or at least this one does compared to a Yuasa.

They do have disadvantages like sometimes having to prime 'wake it up' before starting but did some research and figured I wanted to give it a go.

Dan


Last edited by jerryfudd on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic
Posts : 1102
Location : Windsor

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by ANDYC on Fri 25 Jan 2019, 11:47 pm

Yes I fell for those figures too, when you try it you'll notice the difference. 
Whilst I'm setting up the bike I use a normal battery and I'll use the lithium battery for the track .
jerryfudd
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1717
Location : Surrey

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:44 am

@ANDYC wrote:Yes I fell for those figures too, when you try it you'll notice the difference. 
Whilst I'm setting up the bike I use a normal battery and I'll use the lithium battery for the track .

Smart Lithium Battery MV5BYWFjYjIxOTYtYmM3Zi00NjVjLWFjNjgtMjU4NWRkN2NhNmQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE3MDg1OTE@._V1_UY268_CR148,0,182,268_AL_

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not sure my right hand is sensitive as yours to get an accurate CCA reading while street riding but I'll see how it goes.
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2962
Location : Bedale, North Yorkshire

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 8:58 am

Got a lithium on my Hornet 900, always surprised it starts as the engine turns over like a flat conventional battery.
My dad's Hornet 900 has a motorbatt in it so glass mat (conventional) and it spins over way faster
jerryfudd
jerryfudd
Moderator
Moderator

Awesome!
Posts : 1717
Location : Surrey

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by jerryfudd on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 9:04 am

@Jameshambleton wrote:Got a lithium on my Hornet 900, always surprised it starts as the engine turns over like a flat conventional battery.
My dad's Hornet 900 has a motorbatt in it so glass mat (conventional) and it spins over way faster

I don't doubt there maybe differences but I don't believe there is any doctoring of CCA figures, that said as long as it starts when I want to ride it then that's good enough for me.

motorbatt however... every single one I've bought has died and though the kindness of others have actually been running on hand me down unknown age conventional sealed batteries (Varta and Yuasa) and have had no problems with those for the past couple of years.

Dan

Sponsored content

Smart Lithium Battery Empty Re: Smart Lithium Battery

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 20 Jul 2019, 10:42 am