Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

torque arm bolt on drum CB

LI
Two Tone
Two Tone

torque arm bolt on drum CB

Post by LI on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 2:22 pm

Hi,

I've had my CB from new, it's 23 this year.  Just had the swing arm powder coated by Triple S in Bingley.  I can't recommend them highly enough.  Anyway, putting the bike back together yesterday, one thing I've always struggled with is the order of the washers on the torque arm where it attaches to the drum.  Currently its drum, torque arm, rubber washer, metal washer, nut.  But I always wondered if the rubber washer should be between the drum and the torque arm as I can't see the point of it?  Haynes is no help here and neither are online schematics which don't show where the arm fits in the order. 

Anyone know what the correct order is?

cheers,
Li
wrighty
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Re: torque arm bolt on drum CB

Post by wrighty on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 4:19 pm

Hi Li, you have the order correct. Bolt inserts from rear of backplate, ensuring bolt head locates in recess, then it's torque arm, rubber bush, washer and nut. If my pictures come out clear enough you can see picture 16.3b at top of page and instructions in para 15 of next page.
LI
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by LI on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm

Thanks for that. Not sure how I missed that, but it doesn't explain why the rubber bush is there?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Mon 14 Jan 2019, 7:42 pm

Triple S are very good but very expensive especially if you have to rely on the post. A flat rate of £25 to post anything back to you!
I have used them for many years but can't justify the cost now so I'm in search of somewhere more local to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Jan 2019, 10:37 am