Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc

OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc Empty Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc

Post by OldRocker on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 3:58 pm

I have a couple of SW Blaze Panniers and just brought a Givi 35L Tail Bag for when I go on a long or weekend rides etc. Also when off fishing down the beach.
It was handy as the blaze brackets fit the rear hangers perfect on my new cb500f.
Has anyone purchased anything to cart things/stuff about?

Last edited by OldRocker on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
muttley1
the 900
the 900

Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc Empty Re: Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc

Post by muttley1 on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:28 pm

I'd say that a renntec rack is the go-to option to add storage/lugging about capability. Adding a baseplate and topbox is also pretty common.
Best see my post on Honda rack/topbox, the welds went on the rack fitting points.

muttley1
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc Empty Re: Storage/Racks/Panniers/Tail Bags etc

Post by OldRocker on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 5:34 pm

@muttley1 wrote:I'd say that a renntec rack is the go-to option to add storage/lugging about capability. Adding a baseplate and topbox is also pretty common.
Best see my post on Honda rack/topbox, the welds went on the rack fitting points.

muttley1

I had racks and top boxes on a couple of my previous bikes, but decided to go for SW Motech soft panniers and a Givi rear seat Bag this time. Works for me Very Happy
stormbringer
stormbringer
the 900
the 900

Post by stormbringer on Wed 16 Jan 2019, 10:49 pm

@OldRocker wrote:Has anyone purchased anything to cart things/stuff about?

Sure.
A set of Krauser Explorer 30 boxes with a K-Wing rack to go.

In use, they are wonderful. Solid. Easy to mount/remove. Locks. Locks to the bike. Toploading. Fairly spacious. So good looking, I have had to camouflage them.

Add to that a noname magnet/strap tankbag (25 liter) that will readily zip off and transform into a rucksack. Bloody brilliant. Partly because it's so big and bulky you can tuck in behind it when en route. And subsequently gun the bike!

Yes. The CB will do a tonne carrying luggage - for hours on end. Plod along at 8000 rpm on german autobahn in the dead of the night. Rider tucked in behind that big old tankbag.

No. On that particular ride the Krauser boxes were absent, substituted by puny little soft pannier bags. Krauser warrants their kit to 80 mph only...
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 9:08 am

@stormbringer wrote:

@OldRocker wrote:Has anyone purchased anything to cart things/stuff about?

Sure.
A set of Krauser Explorer 30 boxes with a K-Wing rack to go.

In use, they are wonderful. Solid. Easy to mount/remove. Locks. Locks to the bike. Toploading. Fairly spacious. So good looking, I have had to camouflage them.

Add to that a noname magnet/strap tankbag (25 liter) that will readily zip off and transform into a rucksack. Bloody brilliant. Partly because it's so big and bulky you can tuck in behind it when en route. And subsequently gun the bike!

Yes. The CB will do a tonne carrying luggage - for hours on end. Plod along at 8000 rpm on german autobahn in the dead of the night. Rider tucked in behind that big old tankbag.

No. On that particular ride the Krauser boxes were absent, substituted by puny little soft pannier bags. Krauser warrants their kit to 80 mph only...
Nice one Storm, Krauser make some good quality add ons. I put a Puig screen on all my bikes to stop the buffering, I can't really get on with tank bags though. I have SW Motech panniers (expandable) that fit on brackets bolted to rear footrest hangers, also a Givi 35ltr rear seat bag (also expandable). Not sure what speed the panniers are good for, but have driven over 100mph on motorways without a problem.  Still running in my new cb500f, so have not been put to the test yet. I am thinking of getting a set of Givi rack arms, so when I take a passenger I can either strap the soft bag on to the mono lock or fit the Givi top box & alloy plate which are sitting in the shed.
OldRocker
OldRocker
Rossi
Rossi

Post by OldRocker on Thu 17 Jan 2019, 9:15 am

@muttley1 wrote:I'd say that a renntec rack is the go-to option to add storage/lugging about capability. Adding a baseplate and topbox is also pretty common.

muttley1

Hi Muttley
I will check out your blog regarding the rack, doesn't sound good. I tend to use Givi stuff as their kit seems over engineered and never had a failure of welds/mounting points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Oct 2019, 4:10 am