Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Topbox rack warning

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Topbox rack warning Empty Topbox rack warning

Post by muttley1 on Mon 24 Dec 2018, 8:11 pm

Happy Christmas to all.

I decided to give my bike a good ol' clean up before Christmas, always a good time to check it over.

The topbox I use is a Honda branded one with its own fitting plate and this fits to a Honda rack, the fitting points are as for the grabrail. The rack has been on the bike for a good few years and is usually empty, I only use the box itself when I go to town or for a day out. It only ever holds a few books or a spare helmet.

But.. the welds where it fits the bike under the seat have failed. One had come away entirely, the other was on its way out. Might be because the box itself is pretty heavy or due to wear and tear, perhaps a good idea to check yours!

muttley1
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Topbox rack warning Empty Re: Topbox rack warning

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 25 Dec 2018, 9:58 pm

My fivestars/fehling one did that, in the end it actually cracked the lugs on the subframe. I need to buy a TIG welder to fix my subframe as my mig isn't powerful enough
eternally_troubled
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 30 Dec 2018, 6:32 pm

In addition to this, from having looked at a number of the givi monorack arms, I'd say that it's worth checking the welds on them to (once you've scraped the rust off!).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 23 Jul 2019, 2:06 am