Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Free bike and a half

Llewelyn1965
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Free bike and a half Empty Free bike and a half

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 5:14 pm

Ok boys and girls, I am getting rid of my bike and a spares bike. I have been made redundant and am going travelling in a van, so need to get rid of my storage container. The whole bike is a bit of a ratty look one with black rattle can paint job, but was running well apart from the speedo, which stopped working when I hit a pothole. The bike had an MOT in March/April and shortly after that I rode it from Swansea to Shrewsbury for the 'Bike for Life' rideout raising money for the West Midlands Air Ambulance. When I got back, I parked it in my storage unit and it hasn't been out since, so will probably need a battery charge up or new one. Just before the MOT, it had stainless steel engine bolts (apart from one, which the mechanic couldn't get out) new chain and sprockets, some almost new tyres (bought from someone on here), blue LED lights in the clocks. It has raised and brought backwards handlebars with custom cables to reach the extra distance, heated grips, fly screen, engine bars and hand guards. The other bike has had the fork stanchions, plastics, wheels, tank and exhaust removed, but the engine, frame, carbs etc. are still there. The reason it became a spares bike was because when I bought it, I didn't notice an engine mount lug had cracked off. The carbs were ultrasonically cleaned just before I took it off the road. I have the V5 for both. The whole bike should be good for restoring or to use as a winter hack. If no-one on here wants them for free, I will chuck them on the bay. I', going to start sorting through all my bits, but I think I have 2 top boxes, 2 panniers/top boxes (all Givi monokey or is it monolock??) and a givi wingrack. Also a tank bag, soft panniers and soft tob box which I will be selling once I have gone through everything. If anyone is interested, you can message me and I can send photos. I also have a Deauville 700 which also had an MOT back in March/April and went straight from the MOT station to a rented garage and hasn't seen the light of day which I am getting rid of for free. I have no photos of this but will get some if anyone is interested.
Llewelyn1965
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Free bike and a half Empty Re: Free bike and a half

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 5:18 pm

Forgot to say, located within a couple of miles off J47 of the M4 (Swansea)
Crash- Elmit
Crash- Elmit
the 900
the 900

Post by Crash- Elmit on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 6:08 pm

Seriously Llewelyn, why are you giving them away? having just been made redundant surely the money would be handy
Llewelyn1965
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 6:50 pm

I hate the process of buying/selling. I always feel like I've been ripped off or I'm over/under selling something. Also, I don't interact well with people, so if I'm giving them away, I have no concern if people start picking holes in the items as they will have had them for nothing. Also, I don't need the money as I had a nice little pay off and I get a weekly army pension. I just need to clean up everything that is tying me down to where I live, so I can do some vanlife. There is no catch.
tt fan
tt fan
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by tt fan on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 8:23 pm

Hi - I would be very interested in collecting these and would be happy to either make a charitable donation, or try and persuade you charity begins at home. Could come early next week if that is timely enough - shall we pm?
Llewelyn1965
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 8:50 pm

tt fan, pm me
tt fan
tt fan
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by tt fan on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 10:55 pm

Thanks Llewellyn
PM sent
skyerae
skyerae
the 800
the 800

Post by skyerae on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 6:27 am

If tt fan doesn't take these I will make the same offer as he did. Recently lost my Cb500 in a accident and with what I got as a payout won't cover the cost of pretty much any bike.
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 3:32 pm

@skyerae wrote:If tt fan doesn't take these I will make the same offer as he did. Recently lost my Cb500 in a accident and with what I got as a payout won't cover the cost of pretty much any bike.
 If it makes anything easier logistically I could store them for you in bedale
skyerae
skyerae
the 800
the 800

Post by skyerae on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 9:06 pm

Thanks for that James but I think tt fan got in there a lot quicker than me  Sad
RossObey01
RossObey01
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by RossObey01 on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 11:47 pm

I'll pop my name on the list just in case the other guys change their mind...

Again, happy to make a donation to wherever. If any of the spares/half a bike goes unspoken for they would be very handy for the race bike.

Can pop by this weekend if needed.

Ross
tt fan
tt fan
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by tt fan on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 10:16 am

Just to say it was good to meet you on Monday and a massive thank you Llewelyn1965. Nice to meet such genuine fellas and the bikes are better than i could have wished for. Thanks again!
skyerae
skyerae
the 800
the 800

Post by skyerae on Wed 19 Dec 2018, 5:26 pm

Missed out, again (not that I have ever been offered any bike ,or part thereof, for free)  Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 22 May 2019, 2:21 pm