Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

UNI foam air filter

radicm

UNI foam air filter

Post by radicm on Sat 24 Nov 2018, 7:17 pm

If you are a fan of washable foam filters as I am you will have a hard time finding foam filter for CB 500. But luckily there is UNI foam filter (NU-4034) that is produced for CX 500 (78-82) and GL 500 (81-82) which has almost identical size as CB 500 and price is 18£ which is more affordable compared to K&N 67£ *(eBay prices with shipping). 

But there is one catch before you can insert filter you will need to grind a 1mm from a top end cap with a file and after that, it will slide in a case as OEM one. 

After I installed filter I immediately notice that throttle response was better engine could rev it faster and you could feel more torque and responsiveness during a ride.
Tested with 38 slow jet, 125 main jet, two shims under the needle, UNI air filter and open exhaust can.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: UNI foam air filter

Post by eternally_troubled on Sat 24 Nov 2018, 10:16 pm

Cool! You can also do very similar things with the K&N filters of the same type... sometimes the CX500 version is cheaper than the CB500 version.

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:50 pm