Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

fgclark123
fgclark123
Running out of unique names

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank? Empty Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

Post by fgclark123 on Tue 20 Nov 2018, 1:10 pm

Hi there, can I top up the coolant through the reserve tank?

I used distilled water this summer, whilst in a hot country, so now back in blighty gotta get the lower freezing point coolant in.

I know how to drain, just need to top up. Don't want to take off the petrol tank if I can avoid it.

Thanks
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank? Empty Re: Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 20 Nov 2018, 5:15 pm

Unless there is 0 air in the system then your coolant will not get siphoned through into the main system
eternally_troubled
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank? Empty Re: Coolant top up through coolant reserve tank?

Post by eternally_troubled on Tue 20 Nov 2018, 8:07 pm

You need to take the tank off, no other way.

The thing under the airbox is only a reserviour/overflow - you can put as much antifreeze in there as you want but only a little bit (at most) will ever get into the system.
fgclark123
fgclark123

Post by fgclark123 on Sun 25 Nov 2018, 9:28 pm

damn, ok thanks. little bit of work then. cheers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 21 Aug 2019, 7:31 pm