You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

NEC

muttley1
the 900
the 900

NEC

Post by muttley1 on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 3:25 pm

Its NEC show time soon, I go most years, the bike park makes it relatively hassle free. Not sure this year though, got all the kit I need and there aren't many bargains.
I'll probably end up going, ever hopeful that some Taiwanese manufacturer has bought up the cb500 tooling and is turning out new versions of the real thing.

I don't follow the bike press so are there any major improvements or bikes worth looking out for?

cheers

muttley1
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: NEC

Post by Beresford on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 3:39 pm

Unless you are going for one of these modern hypersleds that need all kinds of electronics to make them safely controllable by normal mortals. the only really useful developments in recent times, are good anti-lock braking systems and vastly superior tyres. The things I'd be looking for are not there ie. lower weight and improved fuel consumption.

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Sun 28 Oct 2018, 3:47 pm

Seconded !

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 Today at 2:32 pm

Well I've been, and the show was much improved on last years. I rode there, plenty of bikes using the bike park, its free too. However, still had to go up stairs, long ol' walk then downstairs again to get in. Last year was walk across road, go in, so a step backwards there.

Show was busy, all the manufacturers were there, certainly a theme across them of returning to your youth (if you are aged 60+). Lots of unfaired offerings with huge accessory lists, hilarious prices and branded clothing to match.

Less sportsbikes and more smaller and midrange midpower weekend rides. There must be a whole heap of folks riding who find the trip to Tescos an epic adventure, so need bikes to match.

The latest cb500 was there, unrecognisable to our ones except riding position. Closest I could see was a Herald 650 air cooled twin.

The biggest change was less "events" (i.e. indoor trail bikes and accompanying loud commentary) and more stands selling kit. I wasn't after anything but still worth looking about.

Food prices remain v high.

If you're going, the m6 getting in was fine, the signs out are confusing.

muttley1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 20 Nov 2018, 7:33 pm