Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

cb500 1995

lesley1969

cb500 1995

Post by lesley1969 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 5:17 pm

Hi all, 

been a while, i unfortunately had an incident with a diesel spill last saturday and my poor old bike Boo, has had some damamge to it, i need to replace the headlight mount bracket , how do i do this?

much help needed please  Cool

muttley1
the 900
the 900

Re: cb500 1995

Post by muttley1 on Thu 11 Oct 2018, 10:25 am

welcome along.

The bracket fits top and bottom between the yokes. You'd best get a Haynes manual so you can see what goes where and the torque settings. Also, take some pictures first, there's a lot of wiring etc that threads through/around the bracket. Its a pretty easy repair though.

The brackets come up on ebay a fair bit as they're not needed for the race series.

muttley1
freeride
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by freeride on Sun 21 Oct 2018, 6:40 pm

I have a complete headlight in the shed off a V reg naked!
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 24 Oct 2018, 11:21 pm

As I remember you'll need to take the top yolk off to remove the headlight bracket.

It's not that difficult, just a bit of a pain with regard to the amount of wiring/cables to unthread/rethread while doing it.  Probably worth taking a picture or two of how it is all arranged beforehand so you can put it back right.

If you haven't got a Haynes manual then now might be a good time to get one. I'm pretty sure there is a link to an online version somewhere on the forum.

If you have any problems then just ask - we might even be able to help! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 4:40 pm