You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

CB500X - T reg

agour

CB500X - T reg

Post by agour on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 4:24 pm

I’ve got for sale a low mileage CB500 in excellent condition for the year. I’ve owned the bike for the last 3 years, in which time it was mostly sat in the garage.
I picked it up with intentions of converting it to a café racer – and stripped the bike down in preparation (see pics). I decided against the idea due the bikes geometry, and rebuilt it.
It was SORN’d for a few years previous to me purchasing it and didn’t get used. I put a new battery in and it started straight up – even running on years old fuel. A testament to the reliability of the bikes. I kept it SORN’d until November 2017.
Since then it has only done 220 miles and it’s just taking up space.
They are very reliable bikes, and cheap to run. To put it into perspective I have it insured on a classic policy for £180 a year, with full European breakdown cover included. I am also in the worst postcode for insurance, and am 29 years old with zero no claim discount…

I also have a GIVI screen and unbranded crash bars for the bike, which I will include. They aren’t currently on the bike, but you can see a picture of them attached when I first took ownership.

Good points:

• 14,928 miles
  • No advisories on last MOT
  • Pillion foot pegs
  • Very little rust – hard to believe it’s a 20 year old bike.
  • I fully serviced it with new filters, coolant, oil, etc 1 year ago.
  • Fork seals and oil replaced a few months ago
  • New Bridgestone BT45 tyres fitted last December, and have only done 200 miles since.
  • New regulator/rectifier fitted 6 months ago
  • Comes with top box that can fit a helmet
  • Spare key for bike and top box
  • Pillion footpegs attached
  • Front and rear disc brakes
  • Haynes manual included
  • Full V5 in my name

It is a 20 year old bike so there are the odd marks etc, but no dings or anything major. I had no issues when disassembling the bike, no nuts were seized or anything.

Bad points:

• Tape holding lens onto rear indicator (it passes MOT’s OK)
  • Front brake lever has the end snapped off after I dropped it in a car park. Cheap fix, but works fine as is
  • Seat lock is broken and has been removed. Seat can still be lifted off with a 7mm spanner. A new set of locks is only £30 on ebay.
  • Slight vibration coming from clocks as I lost one of the mounting screws. Easy fix
  • A few small marks (3mm round sort of size) on fuel tank from storage. Could be touched up with a drop of paint and would become invisible.

£1200 - based in Manchester. You can contact me on 07540 809 405

Viewings from serious buyers welcome, but no test rides without full cash amount in my hands.

Pictures available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dkjqfdstvsj25nw/AABWAQq5H7pxv7dlJsk6qmp-a?dl=0

Cheers
Paul
agour

Re: CB500X - T reg

Post by agour on Fri 28 Sep 2018, 4:36 pm

sold!

Current date/time is Sat 17 Nov 2018, 11:51 pm