Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Bike for sale

wust588
wust588
Squiddy
Squiddy

Bike for sale Empty Bike for sale

Post by wust588 on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 9:39 pm

Honda CB500S, 2001, 28793 miles, MOT Apr 2019, in excellent all round condition,
apart from some flaking paint from the engine.
 Just done the valve clearances, Fork and dust seals (Honda OE), carb inlet stubs, chain & sprockets.
Bike has - heated grips, handbooks, s/history, MOT's, Haynes manual, toolkit, recent Electrex reg/rec, carrier, 2 keys.
I've enjoyed riding the bike, but being in my 70's, am finding the riding position unsuitable.

I've only managed after a lot of effort, to download one picture!
However, if you need more pics, please send your email address.
Price- £875. I live near Lichfield, Staffs, and can be reached on - 07530 533 882, or 01543-373108.
Thanks, John.

bBike for sale Img_0510
wust588
wust588
Squiddy
Squiddy

Bike for sale Empty Re: Bike for sale

Post by wust588 on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 4:04 pm

Bike now sold.

I'd like to thank the forum for enabling me to sell the bike on here.
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 4:10 pm

Pleasure doing business with you John. What an interesting chap you are. If not for the 160 mile journey ahead of me, I would have stayed longer to admire your bikes some more.

As expected, she reformed faultlessly on the way home.

I didn't expect it to be so, but there's more wind noise in my helmet than on my naked CB500. It must be the way the wind travels over the screen. I may well try the larger screen that you kindly included.

It will be good to have something to fettle over the winter. Everyone should have a pair of CB5s!

Thanks again,
John
Beresford
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 6:29 pm

@sullivj wrote:It will be good to have something to fettle over the winter.
You're not going to polish the washers...............................again ? Laughing
And what joy, I see chrome pivot covers in place. Go on, admit it. That's what swung the deal for you.
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 7:01 pm

@Beresford wrote:
@sullivj wrote:It will be good to have something to fettle over the winter.
You're not going to polish the washers...............................again ? Laughing
And what joy, I see chrome pivot covers in place. Go on, admit it. That's what swung the deal for you.

You know me SO well...'
Beresford
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 15 Sep 2018, 7:17 pm

drunkenI'm just being pass-remarkable 'cos it's Saturday G+T time..............
wornsprokets
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:07 am

Well done sullivj, we both have pair cb500's each. My  cb 500s exact same colour& year has 22k havent used it much as elec problems...got some bits off james so should be back on road soon
magicman-alex
magicman-alex
Godly
Godly

Post by magicman-alex on Thu 27 Sep 2018, 9:00 pm

@sullivj wrote:Pleasure doing business with you John. What an interesting chap you are. If not for the 160 mile journey ahead of me, I would have stayed longer to admire your bikes some more.

As expected, she reformed faultlessly on the way home.

I didn't expect it to be so, but there's more wind noise in my helmet than on my naked CB500. It must be the way the wind travels over the screen. I may well try the larger screen that you kindly included.

It will be good to have something to fettle over the winter. Everyone should have a pair of CB5s!

Thanks again,
John

Doh! You're not going to believe this, John!

About a week ago, Sherri said she's going to sell her 1999 CB500 SX and I said I'd get in touch with you to see if you knew anyone who's looking for one!

That'll teach me to hang about! LOL!

(Although that does mean that I too will have a pair!)
goulton
goulton
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by goulton on Thu 27 Sep 2018, 10:28 pm

In response to sullivj I don't know if the S models have any adjustment on the windscreen for height or angle but it is probably worth experimenting.

I found that the naked cb500 had a lot of wind noise and, more worrying for me, was the strain on my arms at 70 mph - a few miles on a motorway and I found myself involuntarily slowing down.  I solved this by fitting a small screen, smaller than that on the S model, but is adjustable.  This cured the arm strain and much reduced the wind noise.  The noise then came down further when I changed from a Caberg to Shoei helmet.
stitchwort

Post by stitchwort on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 7:57 am

I bought a "touring" screen for my CB5...it's better...but not perfect.......I might try a extension some time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jun 2019, 8:51 pm