You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Hi there!

tahelia

Hi there!

Post by tahelia on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 1:47 am

Hi guys! I am from Germany, so I hope, you can bear with my probably faulty language! I love my CB(s), and think, there might be stuff for it abroad that can't be gotten in Germany. You have the Cup Races, and I admire that! Very Happy

steff (that's from Stefan)
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Re: Hi there!

Post by teamster1975 on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:13 am

Welcome Steff, glad to have you here! Very Happy
GollyGosh
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GollyGosh on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 12:01 pm

Welcome to the forum Steff.

I hope you can find the parts you need.
wrighty
Godly
Godly

Post by wrighty on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 7:19 pm

Herzlich wilkommen Steff.
stormbringer

Post by stormbringer on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 7:32 am

Welcome - this time from Denmark Smile

Yes, you find CB500 riders everywhere...
tahelia

Post by tahelia on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 12:55 am

Thanks a bunch, guys! Very Happy Yeah, hell yeah, already found something, but am afraid, our TÜV would not like it! Surprised Its one of those adjustable steering systems! The adjustable footpegs of these seem to be gone.. Or anyone have a clue, where I would find these? In Germany, we have other fairly expensive ones..  Ooh, got them! These look good! I want them a bit higher than the originals..
ZekeVal
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ZekeVal on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 8:49 am

Welcome aboard Stefan!
I have no experience with adjustable handlebars, just make sure it's sturdy enough before going out with this I guess Wink
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Sat 08 Sep 2018, 8:58 am

Welcome. I use a set of those handlebars on my other bike - a Triumph Tiger 955i and have found them excellent. Also unbelievably inexpensive. I use the adjustable footrest on both bikes , they have survived much better than the standard pegs when I dropped the bike!
tahelia

Post by tahelia on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 1:50 am

ZekeVal@ Yup, I was wondering too. Because you know, here in Europe, we have these different Aluminium Alloys, and with this adjustable there is no mentioning of the material at all, except its forged.
Funny enough, a downhill biker might have higher stresses on the material, than a motorbiker, but still. I really wonder, if this would go through the TÜV..

But, Beresford@, I might cite you there! Very Happy Fuck, do I, do I not.. If they don't accept it, it's money spent useless.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Mon 10 Sep 2018, 9:15 am

All I can tell you about the foot pegs is that in the past I have dropped the Tiger and the CB500, both with the original pegs and with the alloy adjustables. Each time the original factory cast alloy pegs snapped off. In the case of the adjustable pegs, the flat link between the hinge and the peg itself simply bent slightly. I straightened the link using a workshop vice,and it took a large lever and much effort to do so. The material is very strong, not at all brittle.
tahelia

Post by tahelia on Tue 11 Sep 2018, 6:54 am

@Beresford wrote:All I can tell you about the foot pegs is that in the past I have dropped the Tiger and the CB500, both with the original pegs and with the alloy adjustables. Each time the original factory cast alloy pegs snapped off. In the case of the adjustable pegs, the flat link between the hinge and the peg itself simply bent slightly. I straightened the link using a workshop vice,and it took a large lever and much effort to do so. The material is very strong, not at all brittle.
Well, that's certainly interesting, and I've no indication so far, that the adjustable steering might be of brittle material. It's only, I'd need some reference for the MOT guys. I can probably contact the manufacturer, might be worth a shot. In fact, I find the versality of steering is something a bit underrated with the motorbikes. One's got tons of different designs for bicycles, but not for the little CB.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Post by wornsprokets on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 10:28 am

Welcome to the forum steff Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 24 Sep 2018, 9:31 am