You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

front master brake cylinder breather hole clearing?

Drago76
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

front master brake cylinder breather hole clearing?

Post by Drago76 on Wed 05 Sep 2018, 7:20 pm

Hello!
front brakes on my CB500S 1999 not release fully - there is a small, but drag on it.
i change brake fluid, take out brake cylinders from front caliper, clean it, put back, grease caliper, but - anyway.

read, in brake reservoir there is a tiny "release" hole, who may get clogged, and do such a symptoms, get guitar "E" string for poking in it, but opening reservair, i cant find that hole in a bottom of reservoir?

can anyone give me a clear picture with indicating, where it was that small hole?

thanks in advance...
RossObey01
Squiddy
Squiddy

Re: front master brake cylinder breather hole clearing?

Post by RossObey01 on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:13 am

Is the wheel definitely aligned properly in the forks? The disc isn't warped at all?
GollyGosh
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GollyGosh on Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:49 am

The link HERE is for the reservoir on a Honda CX650.  It may not be exactly the same but hopefully will help to locate the return / relief hole.
Drago76
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by Drago76 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 9:17 pm

@GollyGosh wrote:The link HERE is for the reservoir on a Honda CX650.  It may not be exactly the same but hopefully will help to locate the return / relief hole.

ok, thanks.
try to take off that plastic cap in bottom of reservoir, and looking under it for that hole.

disc not warped, and wheel was alligned correctly, sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:53 am