Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Bike For Life

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Bike For Life

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Wed 05 Sep 2018, 12:16 am

Hi all, I have just purchased my ticket for next year's 'Bike For Life' ride out. Anyone on here going?

Just for those that don't know what it is, here is a link

http://www.bike4lifefest.com/

I have done this twice and it's an awesome feeling seeing all the bikes. I'd like to be able to sit on a bridge and just watch the procession as I'm sure it would be a magnificent sight to see  3 or 4 thousand bikes on a rideout, but I also feel I want to be a part of the rideout (which is what I have done for the last 2 years) and know my enjoyment of the 'pack mentality' is also bringing benefit to such a good cause. The band is usually quite good at the field too, with plenty of food stalls and biker gear stalls. Not the best discounts on price of goods, but a good all round mix of biking equipment and accessories.
freeride
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Re: Bike For Life

Post by freeride on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 10:01 pm

I'm going on the Essex Air Ambulance run this Sunday. It's about 60 miles ending up in Harwich with around 4000 bikes. They close off Harwich to cars and let the bikes park everywhere. Every year a good few thousand people stand on the bridges, sit in laybys on garden chairs, stand in their front gardens and line all the roads into Harwirch just to wave at little old me.
Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Fri 07 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm

It feels great doesn't it? :-) and raises funds for a good cause. Do you have a link to their website? I might come along next year.
shropshirewildman
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by shropshirewildman on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 7:47 am

I've been doing it since it started, great fun. My bike is the noisy black cb5. I took my son last year, we kept pace with a guy on a tuono who was pulling wheelies under every bridge on the Rideout! Am planning on being there next year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 16 Dec 2018, 2:36 pm