You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

fitting a s model fairing

hh_12345
Two Tone
Two Tone

fitting a s model fairing

Post by hh_12345 on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 4:06 pm

I was wondering what to do to the cb in near future and thought that trying to install a fairing would be a nice opportunity to waste time and money. It would be a stylish addition to the bike too.

Is it possible to fit the s model fairing to non s model frame - is there a certain point at the frame head tube where the cowl bracket is attached that could be missing on the standard frame? Also are the s model clocks a straight fit or they would require some modification of the wiring.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: fitting a s model fairing

Post by Beresford on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 6:57 pm

There are quite a few differences including the top yoke and handlebar mounts. I don't know whether that is because of clearance issues between the two models. The 'S' clocks also have a tubular mounting frame, also supporting the fairing.
Someone may correct me, but I believe that the headstock/trail angle differs also.
hh_12345
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by hh_12345 on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 7:58 pm

Thanks, Beresford, I'll look for some info for the yoke and trail angle.

Apart from the clocks/fairing  frame, there is a bracket for the head light and a pair of brackets for attaching the fairing to the tank.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 8:30 pm

Yokes are different, the loom is different so you'd have to change the entire loom just to fit the S clocks ,
hh_12345
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by hh_12345 on Fri 17 Aug 2018, 9:20 pm

Thanks, James. That would be too much. 

I'd better put a puig screen for a difference or content myself with the occasional change of side covers color.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 7:54 am

The frame is indeed different for the S model.
As well as the clocks, yokes, loom etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:21 am