You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

CB still dead?

skyerae
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

CB still dead?

Post by skyerae on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 4:05 pm

After last fruitless attempt to get the CB going I purchased a wiring loom for the Coil over Plug modification as I had a set of Coil over Plugs. Set it up kind of temporary today and still no spark at plugs. I plugged the multi-meter into the coil leads and checked for voltage reasoning that there must be some spike in voltage to get the coils to fire. Nothing whatsoever, no voltage or anything. Going to retest the pulser coils again but it was fine last time we checked when this first occurred. Anyone with pointers and any advice, it would be much appreciated as losing the will to continue........................?
Jameshambleton

Re: CB still dead?

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 6:03 pm

Have you checked for continuity between the frame and the battery terminal.
skyerae
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by skyerae on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 7:57 pm

Yes, checked where I was earthing the spark plug, which was against the front forks.
skyerae
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by skyerae on Sun 12 Aug 2018, 8:07 pm

Upon checking the wiring from the the pulser coils multi-connector (which I had already checked) I found one of the multi-connector pins was oxidised (or corroded). I used copious amounts of electrical contact cleaner and connected and disconnected the connector many times to clean the pin. Checked for continuity which there was to the CDI. Checked for spark and there was. Made sure temporary connectors still fine and tried to fire her up. Once she had fuel back in the bowls she fired up. Left her for a hour or two and she has fired up again. Will take the car to work again tomorrow (after making sure the CB fires up) and solder the wires in properly and cable tie in place tomorrow evening upon return home. Then I can bike to work again on Tuesday and then every week day as before  Very Happy
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:04 am

Happy days an easy fix!
skyerae
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by skyerae on Mon 13 Aug 2018, 5:02 pm

The only snag was how long it took to diagnose the issue, but now happy days as you said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Oct 2018, 10:45 pm