Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Who is Rupert Paul?

wrighty
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Who is Rupert Paul?

Post by wrighty on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 7:20 pm

Dont often buy MCN but did this week and found an article on restoring a modern classic. This twerp extols the virtues of parts suppliers like David Silver, Yambits, Suzukis vintage spares scheme and so on. He then says "Some people also use web forums. Personally i'd rather jump off a cliff." Ive not been on this forum as long as some but ive always had good advice, bought some bits at good prices and even sold some. It's friendly, helpful and my first port of call with any issue and i'm sure many other forums are the same. If RP wants to jump off a cliff, I'll drive him there myself.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Re: Who is Rupert Paul?

Post by trevor machine on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 10:15 pm

That is a slightly strange point of view. They're indispensable and to my mind represent one of the better aspects of the internet which is littered with e.g. celebrity-obsessed bullshit and commercially focused rubbish. Model-specific forums almost always contain a wealth of esoteric info, provided by enthusiasts for no other motivation than to share know-how and a love of a particular bike. If he really is saying what he seems to be, he's a fucking dickhead.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 4:56 am

A lot of people refer to Facebook groups as "forums" even though they're not, I know BCF ect are bad because of the people that go on them. I've personally found that specific and dedicated bike forums such as this are much more tightly knit, though opposing that I use the customfighters forum as well which isn't bike specific but is tightly knit and knowledgeable users
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 4:41 pm

The workshop subforum of BCF regularly provides decent advice and guidance - but it's likely to come second to a model-specific forum.
GollyGosh
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GollyGosh on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 6:57 pm

In answer to the topic title,

He is an American drag queen, my daughter is a fan of his TV show.  So riding and maintaining a motorbike is too butch for him to know much about.
trevor machine
the 900
the 900

Post by trevor machine on Wed 01 Aug 2018, 8:20 pm

Laughing
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 3:58 pm

Oh I don't know, you could put him in chaps and a cowboy hat Laughing
wrighty
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by wrighty on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 5:55 pm

@GollyGosh wrote:In answer to the topic title,

He is an American drag queen, my daughter is a fan of his TV show.  So riding and maintaining a motorbike is too butch for him to know much about.
I'm pretty sure that's a different Rupert Paul, this one has been writing for MCN and various other biking publications for decades. Though i must admit I do like the idea that that he sits around in drag, it might explain his attitude to us normal blokey blokes.
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Thu 02 Aug 2018, 6:47 pm

that sounds about right there wrighty  Laughing
skyerae
Mothra the Radioactive
Mothra the Radioactive

Post by skyerae on Fri 03 Aug 2018, 6:15 am

teamster1975 - what you said there reminds me of the Village People of YMCA fame..... Very Happy
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Fri 03 Aug 2018, 4:43 pm

@skyerae wrote:teamster1975 - what you said there reminds me of the Village People of YMCA fame..... Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

"We want you, we want you, we want you as a new recruit"!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 19 Dec 2018, 4:10 pm