Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ride safe! The CB500Club team

Ignition lock door stuck

AngelM3

Ignition lock door stuck

Post by AngelM3 on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 7:42 pm

Hi all, I'm Angel
thank you all for reading. I'm new to posting here but I have been reading a lot as is the best resource in the internet I know.

My problem is that some days ago the piece that covers the keyhole in the ignition lock has got stuck. I'm not sure if you guys would understand me as I don't know how to call that thingy so I will post a photo. 

Is this tinny cover that blocks dust and water from getting inside. It's always open, i tried pulling it up and trying to see if it was stuck with something but it seems that the spring that make it return isn't working.
Anyone had this problem?
I've been searching and seen that for the disc models of the cb500 this very difficult to remove. I have the '99 version.

Hope anyone has an idea.
Thanks!
burudis
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Re: Ignition lock door stuck

Post by burudis on Tue 10 Jul 2018, 8:54 pm

spray lube and slowly touch down hole left and right metal
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Thu 12 Jul 2018, 5:56 pm

The keyhole cover can get stuck. It is worth trying a little bit of light oil or WD40 and giving it a wiggle/poke with a small object and see if you can get it unstuck.

Do you keep your motorcycle outside? If so, then it is worth getting a cover for the motorcycle to reduce the amount of dirt, dust and rain that gets into the lock.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 16 Dec 2018, 5:05 pm