You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Hi from Derbyshire

Mixagon

Hi from Derbyshire

Post by Mixagon on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 8:30 pm

Hi folks Smile

After years riding the big bikes Ive finally seen the light and bought a pre reg cb500f.. had it about a month now and wow what a bike   it suits me fine, very light and great on the bends and although still running in I'm getting 95 mpg Shocked

Mods so far..
Much needed centre stand.
Givi rack and small top box.
Small puig screen.
V Scottoiler.
Rear shock protector flap.

Future mods..
Rad guard.
Fender extender.
Extra led front lights maybe.

Anyway best getting reading the forum and see what you all been up to.

Mixagon..
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: Hi from Derbyshire

Post by Beresford on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 10:29 pm

It would be interesting if you could compare for us your current CB500F with the older pre-2003 CB500 which has 10bhp more and is 13kg lighter.
Mixagon

Post by Mixagon on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 6:37 pm

@Beresford wrote:It would be interesting if you could compare for us your current CB500F with the older pre-2003 CB500 which has 10bhp more and is 13kg lighter.

That would be difficult as I havn't owned a cb500 before so can't compare, I went through a few cb175's and 250's in the 70's. Recently had a 1000 Varadero,  1300 Pan and 650 DV along with a few big Yams.

Would happily answer any questions on the 500 though Smile
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Fri 06 Jul 2018, 8:18 pm

I know the current CB500f is aimed at the A2 (?) rider so is power limited by comparison with the older CB500s that most of us on this site have, but the suspension and braking being much more modern must give the bike great road performance ?
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Post by teamster1975 on Sat 07 Jul 2018, 11:42 am

Welcome Mixagon, I've not seen the new shape 500F in the flesh, very nice!
Mixagon

Post by Mixagon on Sun 08 Jul 2018, 8:40 am

@Beresford wrote:I know the current CB500f is aimed at the A2 (?) rider so is power limited by comparison with the older CB500s that most of us on this site have, but the suspension and braking being much more modern must give the bike great road performance ?
The suspension is adjustable both front and rear so can be tailored to suit most riders needs. I was worried about the single front disc and at first while the pads were bedding in the brakes were poor but now bedded in there is much more than enough and along with abs and the lightness of the bike the stopping distance excellent.
I ride the same roads around the peak district and the cb handling is much better than any bike I've owned so far, you try throwing a heavy 1000 Varadero round the twisties and cb500 wins everytime.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Jul 2018, 4:09 am