You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Front fork bracers.

Louloudito

Front fork bracers.

Post by Louloudito on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:04 am

Has anyone fitted front fork bracers in their CB5?
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Re: Front fork bracers.

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 11:02 pm

There's a hidden 'fork brace' in the mudguard... don't think that anyone has bothered to add another one.
wrighty
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Post by wrighty on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 7:34 am

Its something i want to do on my flattracker project, and ditch the mudguard. It will suit the look! Incidentally ive got a flattrack seat to fit but now think the tank looks too big. All the aftermarket tanks seem to be for a spine frame so if i cant find something suitable i may have to create the illusion of a  smaller tank with a clever paint job!
Louloudito

Post by Louloudito on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 1:04 pm

Yeap, I am aware of the hidden bracer under the fender, but it's so thin I think it hardly classifies as a bracer. Have read that the extra braces make a sounding difference on other bikes, so it might be worth the upgrade on this poor fork.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Mon 09 Jul 2018, 10:39 pm

Most bikes with conventional forks have a flimsy fork brace hidden under the mudguard.
GS/GSX/Z/GPZ/CB/CBR/RD/RG FOR example.
They all benefited from bolt on fork braces like the Micron model. It transformed the handling immensely, I thought of making one for my track bike project but as I'm using 45mm forks which are much stiffer than the standard forks it would be unnecessary.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Jul 2018, 4:11 am