You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

CDI box

Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

CDI box

Post by Stymphalian on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 7:46 pm

Hi all. I have a 98 CB500w that I've been trying to get running again for a while with little luck. I eventually took to someone and they say the CDI is shot. Can this be repaired? I can get Honda to order me a new 1 but its gona cost me almost what I paid for the bike to start with.
Jameshambleton

Re: CDI box

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 8:55 pm

I've got a spare one guaranteed working
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 5:08 am

Ok cool. I'm in South Africa where r u?
skyerae
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by skyerae on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 6:13 am

Most of us on this forum are Uk based. But there are a few expats on here as well, Goei more, hoe gaan dit? ('scuse the spelling -long time since I praated Die Taal)
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:24 am

I'm in England but willing to post it via 3 day airmail I'd be looking for £50 approx 900 Rand for it including postage
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:43 am

@skyerae wrote:Most of us on this forum are Uk based. But there are a few expats on here as well, Goei more, hoe gaan dit? ('scuse the spelling -long time since I praated Die Taal)
More skyerae, dit gaan goed dankie. En self?  Laughing  Didn't realize was mostly UK based. I mainly come get pointers on here and look at pics since I bought my bike.
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 8:49 am

@Jameshambleton wrote:I'm in England but willing to post it via 3 day airmail I'd be looking for £50 approx 900 Rand for it including postage

Wow thanks, you won't believe what the dealership wants to charge me. Any chance you have a pulser coil as well. I only asked about the CDI because that was stupid expensive and had seen some people saying they can be repaired on google and youtube but we all know how reliable those things can be.

Also, and its nothing personal but I'm sure you can understand the concern of sending money for something and then it never arriving or not working when it gets here. I assume seen that you are a moderator you can be trusted though, right? Smile
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 2:46 pm

@Stymphalian wrote:
@Jameshambleton wrote:I'm in England but willing to post it via 3 day airmail I'd be looking for £50 approx 900 Rand for it including postage

Wow thanks, you won't believe what the dealership wants to charge me. Any chance you have a pulser coil as well. I only asked about the CDI because that was stupid expensive and had seen some people saying they can be repaired on google and youtube but we all know how reliable those things can be.

Also, and its nothing personal but I'm sure you can understand the concern of sending money for something and then it never arriving or not working when it gets here. I assume seen that you are a moderator you can be trusted though, right? Smile

I'll have a look for a pulser coil as well but I doubt I have a spare. Your best bet would be @andyc for one of those, I'm sure we could work something out with combining postage should that be an option you decide to take.
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm

Thanks Jameshambleton. that would be greatly appreciated.
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Fri 29 Jun 2018, 5:47 pm

I'm sure I have a pulser coil, I'll check tomorrow and let you know. I can send it to James and they can both head to you as one.
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 7:26 am

Thanks Andy. If you did have would definitely make my day.
skyerae
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by skyerae on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 9:14 am

I can vouch for Jameshambleton, I have bought a few items off him and the items have always arrived  Smile
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 5:08 pm

Thanks skyerae.

@andyc were you able to find a pulser coil?
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 7:57 pm

You'll be pleased to know that I have one available, it can be yours for the paltry amount of  £20.
This includes the postage over to James so they can be posted together to cut the extortionate cost of international postage.
Stymphalian
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by Stymphalian on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 8:03 pm

Thanks Andy and James you guys are bike life savers. I just want to make sure again both parts are for 98 CB500W right? And then the next question is how we sort out the payment? Is there Pvt msging here or should we swap WhatsApp or email details?
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 8:32 pm

Can use the pm system here and/or I'll give you my number for whatsapp .
Paypal is the prefered way
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sat 30 Jun 2018, 8:33 pm

You have PM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 16 Oct 2018, 10:32 am