Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Hi from the Sham!

chrisvb
chrisvb

Hi from the Sham!  Empty Hi from the Sham!

Post by chrisvb on Fri 15 Jun 2018, 8:52 pm

Hi fellas, 

Chris from Lewisham here.  Bought a CB5 about a year ago as a "spare" bike to add to my fleet of four (currently).  ...but I've come to the conclusion that I get more 'smiles per gallon' from the CB than any other bike.  Just loving it right now.  It's like a wolf in sheep's clothing... (well ok maybe more like a jack russell in a Val Doonican sweater)   Smile     I often ride the lanes of sunny Kent and tend to ride in the sweet spot at about 7 or 8 but love really wangin it up to the limiter.  I almost never get beyond 3rd apart from for economy on the motorways.  Took it round Brands the other day.  I'm no racer but not a single bike overtook me on the corners (I was actually overtaking Fireblades and Gixxers)... but they absolutely caned me on the straights lol!  These little bikes seem like the most underrated bikes out there.

Here's a pic from the dealer I bought it from.  Late 2002 and it'd done 17k and had new BT45's and an aftermarket screen.  All original as far as I can see. Chuffed.   

Hi from the Sham!  Screen10

Here's me overtakin a Fazer...

Hi from the Sham!  Screen11
teamster1975
teamster1975
Admin
Admin

Hi from the Sham!  Empty Re: Hi from the Sham!

Post by teamster1975 on Sun 17 Jun 2018, 5:56 pm

Welcome to you Chris, nice tidy CB! Very Happy
ZekeVal
ZekeVal
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by ZekeVal on Sun 17 Jun 2018, 7:14 pm

Welcome aboard Wink

Seems like you have some serious fun on the track, I should try that someday!
TheWizardofOdds
TheWizardofOdds
the 900
the 900

Post by TheWizardofOdds on Mon 18 Jun 2018, 10:07 pm

Welcome, looks sweet as a nut .  I'm a fourth gear man. In the twisty country lanes to work,  thrashing  that 4th , so responsive,  great sound. Good job on the track, you're braver than me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 27 Jun 2019, 4:54 am