You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Speedometer cable

skyerae
Running out of unique names

Speedometer cable

Post by skyerae on Fri 18 May 2018, 4:49 pm

My very old original cable snapped so bought a pattern part off the bay of evil. It was about a foot too long but worked fine until today when it too died.................So does anyone have a new Honda original speedometer cable looking for a new home? Willing to pay a fair price and cover postage as well if anyone has one otherwise I will have to contact Fowlers again Crying or Very sad
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Re: Speedometer cable

Post by ANDYC on Fri 18 May 2018, 6:21 pm

I think that I may be able to help you with that. I'll take a look in the morning. What's the  length that you're after? I know the S model is longer than the naked ones.
skyerae

Post by skyerae on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:09 pm

That sound good, I have the naked model - the first ones that came out i.e 1994 model. Not too sure of the length, I can measure the long one I have on as that is way too long. The original one I threw out as it was broken in the middle, just like this one will be, so have no idea of the length. Please tell me it is good (almost new) condition and I will be delighted. Will measure the length of the too long one tomorrow.Thanks mate.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 18 May 2018, 10:46 pm

I just ordered this as a spare for when I'm in europe. I've offered it up against the one I'm running at the moment and the length is correct https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301272064319
skyerae

Post by skyerae on Sat 19 May 2018, 8:54 am

It is listed as "No longer available" at Fowlers  Rolling Eyes
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

Post by ANDYC on Sat 19 May 2018, 4:44 pm

Alas the one I had in mind turned out to be for an nc29 after all. Sorry I can't be of more help.
skyerae

Post by skyerae on Sat 19 May 2018, 4:58 pm

Oh well, thanks for having a look - I really appreciate it. On the other hand I have found one listed on CMSNL (only 28 Euro's) Now just need to wait until I am paid and order it, obviously there will be shipping cost on top but if it anything like the original it will last over 20 years. Maybe a bit longer than the bike will be around then...... The pattern part I had had a sheath to stop it rubbing in the mudguard clip which was fine except the sheath moved all by itself and I only noticed then the plastic coating had been worn away and the cable sheath windings were exposed. It was then only a matter of time, and I hated it being so sodding long in any case.
GollyGosh

Post by GollyGosh on Sun 20 May 2018, 1:07 pm

The same supplier mentioned by James has one for the 1994 model

BrooksBarn - eBay

And it's a few pennies cheaper...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:45 am