Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Buying bike jacket online?

truxx
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Buying bike jacket online?

Post by truxx on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 4:55 pm

I've found a jacket on ebay that i really like the looks of :

Ebay link

But i'd like a bit of advice on sizes first if someone can

Very Happy
I'm a 42" chest which i told the seller and he advised me to order the 42" jacket. So will a 42" jacket be exactly that on the chest? or do they make the 42" slightly bigger than that to be a comfort fit ?
Obviously if the jacket is a 42" it's going to be a really tight fit especcially if i wanted to wear a jumper under it Neutral

I'd have thought me being a 42" would mean i'd be best off getting a 44" jacket to give me a bit of space?

What do you think lads?

(might be a dumb question but i don't normally buy clothing online so don't know how it works )

Thanks
Dave
LI
Two Tone
Two Tone

Re: Buying bike jacket online?

Post by LI on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 6:12 pm

With eBay, I find it best if I can find the same thing in a local store and try it on there before you buy. If you can't do that, don't worry. This seller is a business and you would be using the buy it now option, which legally gives you 7 days where you can return it for any reason. If you do return it the seller is obliged to refund both the purchase price and their delivery cost (not the money it costs you to return it though). If they don't you should be able to get your money back from paypal or your credit card company (worst case).
Shadow_Alex

Post by Shadow_Alex on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 11:42 pm

i would personally go for the 44" as you may want to put a jumper on underneath on a cooler day or at night. that way you will know it will fit.
Caretaker
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Awesome!

Post by Caretaker on Tue 13 Jul 2010, 10:16 pm

Yes, I have just been through a similar scenerio of buying a jacket online. (I'm 42 chest too)
The 42" would fit but as you suspected probably not leave room for aditional jumper underneath etc. (However a lot of jackets come with a removable inner lining for winter use so it could be that a jumper isnt required anyway). Personally I played it safe and went for the 44".... It also offers a bit more freedom of movement too

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 9:30 pm