You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

V Reg CB500 Black

freeride
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

V Reg CB500 Black

Post by freeride on Mon 14 May 2018, 6:30 pm

I've decided to make some room so I thought I would try here first to sell complete however thinking of splitting and keeping the bits I will need for spares so in that case the following I won't need:-
wheels,seat,clocks,exhaust,engine,forks,tank,plastic and a few other bits.It is a November 99 model with only two former keepers.One front engine mount blew years ago and it has not leaked since I carefully applied liquid metal. No MOT expired March 2018. Small ding in the front offside of the tank. crack to front off side plastic but nearsdie OK.
Panels either side of the seat poor. Front forks seals done 3000 miles ago but pitted above the usual fork slidy zone. But the seals went on OK last time. Open to sensible offers but also looking to see if there is interest in the parts.   53000 miles  history available. Not in any rush.
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Re: V Reg CB500 Black

Post by Beresford on Wed 16 May 2018, 12:52 pm

Howdy. I tried to PM you about this, but the message is hung up in my outbox and won't shift for some reason. Anyway, what it says is that if you decide to break the bike I'd be interested in some parts. RH peg bracket. Silencer and link pipe. Rear wheel and brake (Both caliper and disc if in reasonable condition). Let me know whenever. Thanks.
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 16 May 2018, 9:48 pm

Best of luck selling it.  Your picture has handily provided the answer to an observation I made at the weekend:

I also have a 'black' CB500.  In a fit of slight madness I decided to sand the layers of manky paint off my radiator cowls and refresh the back to some kind of reasonable state (both the previous owner and I have applied many, many layers of baaaad paint which was flaking off all over the place).  While doing this (and necessarily uncovering all the under-layers of paint) I noticed that a large part of the cowl was a kind of silver/grey colour underneath.  This somewhat perplexed me as I've always seen my bike as black.

Seeing your 'for sale' photo above provides an answer:  the cowls were mainly silver in the first place!
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 16 May 2018, 10:06 pm

While ET is on about observations - did you buy that front brake disc and if so where from?
Beresford
the 900
the 900

Post by Beresford on Wed 16 May 2018, 11:48 pm

James, I got one on ebay which is now in my reserves box if you want to have a look at it when you are passing. It appears to be well made.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Thu 17 May 2018, 10:04 am

@Beresford wrote:
James, I got one on ebay which is now in my reserves box if you want to have a look at it when you are passing. It appears to be well made.

If it's a powermax mc1 5s or the mc1 3k you'll never have to worry about warping the disc, mine goes blue reguarally. Never changed mine as it barely wears, even with ebc HH sintered pads.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 24 May 2018, 3:28 am