You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Time to sell

Cally4x4
Hyper Viper
Hyper Viper

Time to sell

Post by Cally4x4 on Wed 02 May 2018, 8:56 am

Hi all. Well after having my CB follow me around for 17 years it’s time to sell I’ve got a CBR1100xx so I’ve got to list the 500 but I’m not sure what it’s worth been looking at other bikes for sale online and prices are so up and down so thought I’d ask here for a your ideas. 
It’s a 1995 N Reg CB500-r it’s done about 25000 miles MOT runs out in June so may renew that before selling it’s got a stainless rear can and it’s fitted with a full front fairing like the powerbronze ones. I’ve sprayed the bike matt black which to does really need doing again but I’ve left it as this is a work bike and where it’s parked I don’t want it looking good because someone will take it. It’s also fitted with a rear carrier I’ve also got all the spare parts from when it was naked. Just got no clue what to price it at lol. 
I’d like to take the opportunity to thank everyone here for all the help over the years this forum has been a goldmine of help and I’ll be coming back I’m sure.
Jameshambleton

Re: Time to sell

Post by Jameshambleton on Wed 02 May 2018, 5:10 pm

600 ish post up some photos
GollyGosh
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by GollyGosh on Wed 02 May 2018, 7:37 pm

This may help

https://www.thebikemarket.co.uk/honda/cb/cb500f/1993-2003

The value they suggest seems to be lower than people are asking.  Though buyers will always want to knock the price down.

I like the idea of Matt Black - Stealth Mode - could be a positive rather than a negative selling point...
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Wed 02 May 2018, 11:03 pm

IME they are worth £500 all day long, so certainly don't accept any less than that. Could well me more given it works and you've got a powerbronze Wink

Blackbird is a great bike; not like a CB500 but good none the less.
davecb5002
Laser Shark
Laser Shark

Post by davecb5002 on Thu 03 May 2018, 10:53 am

If it has only done 25,000 miles and you have history to prove it, old MOT etc, then I think a realistic asking price would be £750. Worth a try at that price. But as has been said post some pics on site.Good Luck Cool
eternally_troubled
Admin
Admin

Awesome!

Post by eternally_troubled on Sun 13 May 2018, 9:56 am

@davecb5002 wrote:If it has only done 25,000 miles and you have history to prove it, old MOT etc, then I think a realistic asking price would be £750. Worth a try at that price. But as has been said post some pics on site.Good Luck 8)

Even if you think that £750 (say) is too much then it is probably a good starting point - it is always better to price a bit on the high side in my experience of selling things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 23 Sep 2018, 1:56 pm