Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

What did you do with your CB500 today?

cc1085
cc1085
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 20 Empty Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by cc1085 on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 8:49 pm

@wrighty wrote:Finally plucked up courage to take project for mot. He went through ok (with a few words of advice) and is now fully road legal and heading for local Thursday bike night. Some wiring still needs tidying, alloy hugger needs fabricating and the road legal Delkavic can is still a little loud for my taste, but all jobs to do in slow time.What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 20 20190713

Great work, nicely modded, paintwork design really suits the overall look. Maybe you could post a list of the different bits used, changes made etc
ANDYC
ANDYC
the 900
the 900

Mechanic

What did you do with your CB500 today? - Page 20 Empty Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by ANDYC on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 8:52 pm

@hh_12345 wrote:

@stormbringer wrote:

@hh_12345 wrote:Looks like the carbs have never been properly synchronized - although I paid a shop to do it some time after I got the bike. Rolling Eyes Very Happy

So much for leaving maintenance to so-called professionals...

So true. You have to spend some extra money for tools, seems to be worth it, though. 

And yet you could hardly get everything they have in the shops.(that's a bit beyond maintenance of course)

Professional used to mean that you were good enough at something to earn your living at it.
Now it just means that you'll take money for it. Neutral
muttley1
the 900
the 900

Post by muttley1 on Thu 29 Aug 2019, 11:08 pm

Took my '95 bike to a well known Brackley bike dealers and had a look round. Very underwhelming - some highly priced early 2000's bikes, lots of cruisers, and flat sales people. Bikes too crammed in to get a look at in the main.
I think they're something to do with OnYerTriumph near Aylesbury.

Or, they might just have seen me trundle up on the 'ol cb complete with topbox, mini fairing and aftermarket can and thought nah, not our sort of guy so left me alone.

muttley1
Oafski
Oafski
Godly
Godly

Post by Oafski on Fri 30 Aug 2019, 2:08 pm

Mine passed it's MOT today after I changed a brake light bulb. Italian Electrics eh!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2019, 9:06 pm