Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

What did you do with your CB500 today?

kungfupoodle
kungfupoodle
Godzilla
Godzilla

Re: What did you do with your CB500 today?

Post by kungfupoodle on Sat 02 Mar 2019, 11:08 pm

Today I did the coil-over-plug mod after purchasing a pair of coils from Andy C. It took a bit of time but that was mainly getting the bits together.

I found some spade connectors that fitted directly into the existing primary wiring connectors and made up a pair of wires for each coil using these spades and the connectors Andy supplied.

The old coils are a pain to get to so I left them attached and just tucked the HT leads out of the way for now.

It ran first time. I've not taken it out yet. It still idles badly but maybe it will be a bit more eager to rev.
steeeve66
steeeve66
Godzilla
Godzilla

Post by steeeve66 on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 4:55 pm

..i just bought this:

wrighty
wrighty
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post by wrighty on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 5:16 pm

Nice! Love the colour.
haybunch
haybunch
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by haybunch on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 7:16 pm

@steeeve66 wrote:..i just bought this:

pretty. those generation of the cb+650 look the best imo. how is the power on it? it is on paper slower than the old cbs but is it noticeable?

--

on topic, had to call break down sorvices cause of a stupid puncture. any tips on removing the rear wheel? ive never done it before
Jameshambleton
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 03 Mar 2019, 7:31 pm

Pretty interesting video, I'm happy with the results but I'm totally not baist with my Dainese D-Dry riding gear.
motofan
motofan
Two Tone
Two Tone

Post by motofan on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 9:29 am

Very interesting James, seems like it's "you gets what you pays for"!
Drago76
Drago76
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Post by Drago76 on Mon 04 Mar 2019, 5:02 pm

@mikethebike wrote:Had a new DID chain and JT sprockets fitted (66,000 miles).  Starter motor brushes seem to be on their last legs - had to bump the bloody thing after it refused to start, just clicked.  Tested the battery - all good.  More expense in the coming weeks no doubt... Rolling Eyes

in a hurry you can put bike on centerstand, switch 5 or 6.th gear, and turn engine a bit via rear wheel.
then, maybe, your starter will turn engine.
do that many times on my old xj600 - in some engine ( pistons) position starter still turn engine, on some - not.
sure, brushes is very wearout, when i finally bought second hand good starter on ebay, and replace mine, but till that moment i workaround in that way.
sadly, most nowadays bikes do not have kockstarter, and due big displacement and compression, not to talk about weight, it was hard to impossible in some situations, start it up by pushing around...
sullivj
the 900
the 900

Post by sullivj on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 10:28 pm

Today I noticed that one of my wingrack brackets had sheared, and the other was holding on by a thread.

So I had to remove the rear fairing to remove the rack for it to be welded.  The brackets were showing signs of rust, so removal and powder coat was on my 'to do' list.

Considering it's nearly 20 years old, I was impressed how well all the nuts and bolts came out OK.
liverpool_f_
liverpool_f_
the 900
the 900

Post by liverpool_f_ on Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:41 pm

My beloved Honda got smashed up by me crashing it and then later that same week, the wind blowing it over on the other side...

Today was lots of fixing. I can only live with myself if it comes out of this ordeal in better shape than it went in so I have my work cut out for me. A new fairing, new tail light, new heated grips, new headlight, new sparks and new bar risers will hopefully get it in better shape. 

Looks like I need a new chain as well. More like 20k miles out of this DID x ring than the 30k I was hoping for
ojacobs1
ojacobs1
Scratcher!
Scratcher!

Post by ojacobs1 on Sun 17 Mar 2019, 11:47 am

@stormbringer wrote:Grrrr!

That lasted for less than one day! Wife just canceled the whole trip. She had forgotten about upcoming exams.

That leaves me free to set my own destination - and that won't be Toscana. Somewhere mountainous. Norway would be nice. Going in April may actually let me avoid the norwegian mosquito-season, rumoured to be particularly unpleasant. But how cold is Norway in April?

Depends a bit on where you want to go but if you take the ferry from Hirtshals to Larvik you only need to ride a few hours to be on about 1800 meters... Enough mountain for you? Then you could go to the south-west. Lots of mountain roads. Then go down the coast and take the ferry from kristiansand. I put in a route suggestion for you Very Happy .
Temp could be a problem though.. Can be Ok on daytime but nights are still cold and could be freezing, and even snow and ice... No mosquito-season this time of year, and that is usually just a problem up north, and in the woods in the east of Norway.   

Link to map so you can zoom in  Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Mar 2019, 10:43 pm