You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

multi bike insurance

Llewelyn1965
the 900
the 900

multi bike insurance

Post by Llewelyn1965 on Thu 22 Mar 2018, 9:46 pm

I'm just about to renew my insurance on my dohville and have decided to 're-commission' my CB after 2 years of being off the road. I got 2 separate quotes on 'comparethemarket'. I had £86 for the CB and £84 for the dohville, both fully comp and both from Bennetts. I decided to phone Bennets for a multi bike quote and got £79 for the CB and £122 for the dohville. £30 quid more!!!!!! How does that work out??

Anyone on here recommend a reasonable company for a multi bike quote?

Regards,
Llew
Fair Weather Rider
Godzilla
Godzilla

Re: multi bike insurance

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 9:11 am

LV
davecb5002
Running out of unique names
Running out of unique names

Post by davecb5002 on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 9:26 am

Carol Nash are very good. But also try Bennets web site, get a quote and give the reference number when you phone and they do it for that price
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 1:26 pm

Works out more possibly because of a different underwriter, If you check the solo bike policies will likely be with axa - axa don't do multi bike policies so it'll be another underwriter that will be doing it.
tt fan
Godly
Godly

Post by tt fan on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 5:42 pm

You could try E-bike insurance
Unfortunately you only find out if insurers are any good or not when you really need them to be... They paid out for my zx9r when it was nicked years ago, not particularly generously but with minimal fuss. The quotes are reasonable for multi bike i think. Good luck
skyrider
the 900
the 900

Post by skyrider on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 6:59 pm

the company that I use cover my serow and fs1e with no problems
motofan
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by motofan on Fri 23 Mar 2018, 10:42 pm

A Fizzie! Blast from the (youthful) past!
mikethebike
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by mikethebike on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 9:53 pm

I've used Bikesure for the past couple of years. Four bikes - 305 -750cc - including the CB500, all fully comp with business insurance.  I also have agreed value on my restored Kawasaki 305 and limited mileages on three of the bikes (the CB is unlimited as it's my workaday bike).  Limited mileage on the others helps to keep the cost down a bit - £330.00 all in last year.  Despite being a year older and having a further year of NCD the price went up slightly last year though - I was away on holiday and it auto renewed without me realising!  Won't be making that mistake this year, so will be shopping around again to see if I can get it below £300 in 2018.  Bikesure were the cheapest quote I could find in 2016 - my initial year with them.  The premium was £290 then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 24 Apr 2018, 3:35 am