You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

S/S Downpipes.

derby dave
Squiddy
Squiddy

S/S Downpipes.

Post by derby dave on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 12:35 pm

Hi All,
         I'm well on the way to fully restoring my 2002 CB 500 to a very good standard (id like to say pristine but--) and now need a new exhaust system. The one fitted presently is the original black one and id like a  S/S one. I'm no expert but it appears the end cans are easy to come by but the downpipes seem pretty rare as I've only seen one set on E bay over the past couple of months and they're too expensive. Sio I though=ght id try you guys see how you can help/advise me.

Thanks All

Dave
wrighty
Crotch Rocketuer
Crotch Rocketuer

Re: S/S Downpipes.

Post by wrighty on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 5:25 pm

Hey Dave, another Dave here. I have the same thoughts with my project (also 2002 though not going back as standard). Delkevic seem popular at £150 but my local dyno shop asures me it will run better with standard downpipes. Dont know if that jibes with others experiences. My standards are on their way out and i'm not really looking for performance gains so unless something else presents itself I will probably go with Delkevic downpipes and a short megaphone silencer.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Tue 13 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm

I might know someone who might swap your standard headers for some stainless ones for a cheap price.
skyerae
Four's a...something...
Four's a...something...

Post by skyerae on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:04 am

I replaced my standard downpipes and silencer with a stainless steel system (from Jameshambleton) and what a difference. It makes the engine sound much fruitier, especially the higher up the rev range you go and it seems to have a better turn of speed (although that might be my imagination) It runs fine and I haven't touched the jetting or anything much else.
derby dave
Squiddy
Squiddy

Post by derby dave on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 6:30 am

Thanks Guys, have a look into the stainless headers for me James will you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Jun 2018, 3:54 pm