You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

Seat

skyerae
Running out of unique names

Seat

Post by skyerae on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 9:13 am

While fitting my seat after replacing the battery I pushed down on the vinyl and it promptly ripped open. I can't really complain after 24 years service but has anyone a seat no longer in use. The vinyl must not have holes (no point otherwise) though. One of my back clips has snapped off and I might consider a seat that needs the vinyl replaced as long as the foam is still in good order. Thanks and I hope someone can help.
wornsprokets
the 900
the 900

Re: Seat

Post by wornsprokets on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 1:12 pm

You should be able to get replacement cover on ebay...think is easy enough to do if you have a industial type staple gun
skyerae

Post by skyerae on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 1:33 pm

Might go that route - industrial staple gun might be an issue though. I bought a cheapie nail and staple gun from Lidl's, when used it never worked well and then my friend gave me another one which I have never used. Maybe I should try it and see - if it works then I will go this way.
Fair Weather Rider
the 800
the 800

Post by Fair Weather Rider on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 1:52 pm

Seat on eBay this morning £60.
Jameshambleton

Post by Jameshambleton on Sun 11 Mar 2018, 6:36 pm

I recovered a couple of seats, you can get the varnil from boys and can buy it by the meter. Doesn't cost no where near as much as what people are selling them for on ebay. A staple gun does the job, I used an air powered one as that's what I had to hand but a normal wall type stable gun should do the job, just remember the plastic seat bas isn't very thick maybe 3mm definitely a max of 4mm
sluggish
Barry Sheene
Barry Sheene

Post by sluggish on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 8:44 am

I have 2 seats for sale - drop me a line on 07963424390 cheers!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 16 Aug 2018, 8:45 am